cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New storage type queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have below queries regarding a new storage type created in sap.

1)For example i have created a new storage type A2 a copy of A1. what are the additional customizations to be done for this new storage type other than creating ? I have given the new one in storage type search and created bins, moved stock to new bins.

2) If i have a material xxx in storage type A1 and i moved some stock to A2 through lt01, and i defined storage type search  as A1  A2....

If i want to create transfer orders for material xxx from  A2 storage type it is creating only from A1( as per st type search). with out manual entry in lt03 how can i create transfer orders for xxx from A2?

Please suggest your inputs.

Regards,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Please note that the system will take the stock from A2 storage type only when there is no stock in the storage type A1 since you have given the first priority to the A1 in search table (A1, A2). If you enter A2 in first place, then it will take the stock from A2 else it will take the stock from A1 with your current settings when stock exists.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your information.

I have 1 more question, lets say material xxx quantity is 5 in a storage type, if i make a transfer order with quantity 10, does it create a transfer order and wont confirm or it does not create a transfer order?

Regards,

Uday

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I have 1 more question, lets say material xxx quantity is 5 in a storage type, if i make a transfer order with quantity 10, does it create a transfer order and wont confirm or it does not create a transfer order?"

Depends... . The system will create the TO for 10 if you allow negative quantities in the storage type. Otherwise it will create one for 5 pcs.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the inputs.

Storage type already got negative stock allow check, The problem is it is creating with a 5 quantity but when confirmation it is showing 0 quantity, and there is no material quant in the TO. How is it possible to create OR confirm TO with out a quant?

Regards,

Uday

Answers (0)