Did you mean: 

Activity Network not complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I am trying to activate my PPM and it is giving me two errors:

1. PPM name P-102_1000 has already been used in other plans

2. Activity Network not complete.

What do these errors mean? In the first one, can't I use one PPM in more than one plan? what does the other error mean? how do I fix these?

My PPM has two operations O1, O2 and each has one activity A1, A2. Both the activities have the same resource W1906_1000_001 and mode 001.

For the A1 with resource W1906_1000_001. I gave fixed cost as .33 and unit as H.

I did the same for A2 also. Now, it's giving me error only for A1 resource saying that "You cannot use unit for a bucket resource. When I changed the UOM to 002(nothing), the error disappeared eventhough my A2 resource has UOM as H.

Why did I get this error only for A1 resource and not for A2?

I'm just trying to understand things in PPM.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu,

Instead of saying one PPM for one plan you can say define a PPM for each output product of a PPM plan It means in PPM we define a output product its lot size,validity periods and Location & is assigned to the plan that describes which process steps and components are required to manufacture the output products.The system may only use a PPM (and thus also the PPM plan) for a planned order if the order data fulfills the onditions of Lot size,Validity and location.

A PPM corresponds to a production version in SAP R/3.You can transfer a SAP R/3 production version to SAP APO as a production process model.so as many versions in R/3 are there that many PPM you can have for the same product .

For activity network is not complete pls check the predecessor and successor activity relationship.

Pls go through

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/4e/917337e68a0227e10000009b38f889/content.htm">Structure of a PPM Plan</a> and <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/02/5077372b3c602be10000009b38f8cf/content.htm">Production Process Model</a>

Regds // Digs...

Answers (0)