cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on SRM-MDM catalog,I have loaded all the products and suppliers we are able to see all the products against the suppliers in SRM,

but how can i create the product hierarchy in MDM for the products already loaded.

The search tab in SRM is hierarchy/Supplier.

So please guide me to create the hierarchy for the products already loaded in MDM.

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Let me tell you, what I understood and please correct me, if my understanding is wrong.

1. You have loaded all the data into Main table.
  2. You did not load the data in Hierarchy Table named Product Hierarchy and now you want to load the data in this table and want to link its records with each and every record of Main table.

Now let me answer your question:

Ques: How can I create the product hierarchy in MDM for the products already loaded?

Ans: As per the standard process of data load in SAP NW MDM, Main table data should be loaded after reference data load. As per you, you have loaded main table data first and want to load hierarchy table data.

You can import data into your Product Hierarchy table but you will have to update all the Main table records with hierarchy table values, again. As currently, all the main table records will be having null/blank values for the product hierarchy field in main table.

Product Number          Product Hierarchy

Prod12673                    Computer->HW->Keyboard

Thx/ -Tarun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

This would involve a change in complete structure of table. Although i have not worked on this but i would try to come up with more information. 

This could be a deciding factor :- I think current Products table is a Main table & to view products under hierarchy mode would result in complete structural change from Main to Hierarchy. I am not sure its wise to change this immediately unless properly planned and worked out.

I will look for more options and try to answer your query.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Do you want all products to be seen in hierarchy mode? To be displayed as follows:

Eg:- Computer

L..Hardware

L.. Keyboard, Mouse,etc

L..Software

L..Adobe,Office,etc

I am not sure if you just want to change the structure of table to hierarchy or make some alteration to current products table?

Regards.

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali

Yes i want to see all the products in hierarchial mode.

Currently there is no entries in hierarchy table,and i have loaded all the products against supplier in SRM_MDM catalog structure in MDM

PLease let me know how to arrange the products in hierarchial level

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

PLease help me to solve the issue as said above

Regards

sandeep