cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 ARM: access request for non GRC users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

Can you please explain the concept of the access request for users who are not a GRC user:

How does a user enter the request form? is it through a URL? does he need to give a user name and password?

and if so, which one (from which system)? and if he doesn't need, how does the system recognizes him?

I would appreciate an overall explanation on this.

Regards

Michal Maori

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal:

SAP Access Control uses an END USER HOME page for end users to be able to access request forms as part of the access requst (ARQ) functionaltiy.  You can confiure this service in IMG.  Navigate to Governance Risk and Compliance, Access Control, User Provisioning, Activate End User Logon.  This opens up the Maintain Service screen when you enable and configure this service.  The service should be configured with a "guest ID" as part of the logon credentials and when the end users access the URL associated with this service, this ID would be the underlying access for the end user. SAP does deliver a role that could be used as the role for this guest user ID:  SAP_GRAC_END_USER - End User as a GRC Guest User.

The URL can be found by testing the service, but should look something lik this:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/grac_uibb_end_user_login?sap-client=<client>

You can configure whether or not you need to authenticate to this site.  You configure this in Maintan Data Sources Configuration.  The folders in this IMG activity that matter for this item are User Authentication Data Source (usually something like Active Directory), and End User Verificaiton.  If End User Verificaton is set to YES, then the End user will be presented a logon screen where the end user would enter the ID and password from the User Authentication Data Source.  If this is set to NO, then only the ID would need to be entered.

I hope this answers your question, if so, please mark as such.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much!

Your answer was very helpful, as I was able to enter through the URL to the main page of the non-grc user, with only the user authentication.

I hope that you can help me further more...

after entering the system I'm choosing the "Access Requests" but i get another verification page, and here i'm unable to continue.

I would like to not have this second verification logging, any idea of how to do it?

Best regards

Michal

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the Logon Informaiton on the service?  You should not get the second authentication?  I have seen this before and I know it has something to do with that user.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good Kevin!

Do you know if it is possible to configure the service in a way that the user could choose the language logon?

Regards

Andreia

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here are a couple of suggestions that I am aware of:

• User can maintain their language pref in the browser and then the system selects as the logon language the first language from the list that is maintained in the browser, and which is also installed in SAP system.  e.g in internet explorer->internet options->General tab->languages

• User can manually append url parameter at the end of the URL e.g.  &sap-language=de

These were just mentioned to me, but hopefully it's a start.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Maintainance language preferences was made in browser Internet Explorer, and it worked fine!

Thank you!

Andreia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thanks for all your help here.

i have another problem concerning the access request.

when i try to raise a request under "request for: other"

i choose out of the users that are in the F4 list. but then when i try to save i get an error saying that the user i choose is not valid.

Please Help

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good explanation Kevin! Thanks!

@Michal, there are others services in SICF you'll have to check and make the same configurations::

1.)GRAC_OIF_MY_PROFILE_EU

2.)GRAC_GAF_NAME_CHANGE_SERV_EU

3.)GRAC_POWL_REQUEST_STATUS_EU

4.)GRAC_GAF_PWD_SELFSERVICE_EU

5.)GRAC_OIF_USER_REGISTER_EU

6.)GRAC_GAF_ACCREQ_WITH_REQREF_EU

7.)GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_SUBMISSION_EU

8.)GRAC_GAF_ACCREQ_WITH_TEMPL_EU

9.)GRAC_GAF_ACCREQ_WITH_USEREF_EU

10.)GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN

Please also check SAP notes:

1636613 - End user authentication configuration settings do not take effect in the GRC system

1628387 - UAM: End User Logon application requires re-logon

Regards