Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator user or J2EE_ADMIN user

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every,

I have installed SAP BI ABAP instance then installed the JAVA instance as add-onn.

now, I am configuring the SLD logging by the 'Administrator' user.

But when i trying to login by user 'J2EE_ADMIN' user it give the message 'User authentication failed'

I check at the ABAP instance, I cannot find the user J2EE_ADMIN' in any client.

How to log on SLD using the user 'J2EE_ADMIN' .

I have checked the link and understand when we installed the ABAP and JAVA as add-on then you have use user 'Administrator'

please suggest

1. How to log on SLD using user 'J2EE_ADMIN'

2. use of J2EE_ADMIN' user.

Thanks

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AntalP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it depends on UME datasource

if UME datasource is dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml, then J2EE_ADMIN user ID can be used, if UME datasource is dataSourceConfiguration_database_only.xml, the Administrator account can be used for logon, and no J2EE_ADMIN exists.

you can check the current datasource in configtool - cluster-data - global server configuration - com.sap.security.core.ume.service - ume.persistence.data_source_configuration UME property.

if your requirement is ABAP datasource you need to switch this UME property and follow the online help:

Offline Configuration of the UME for AS ABAP  /45/1bbdccc7850064e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/1bbdccc7850064e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SInce you installed ABAP and JAVA as add-in, please try to login to SLD system using the administrator account .

J2ee_admin user will exist if JAVA is a separate installation.

So USE ONLY Administrator to login to SLD.

I hope it helps

Thanks and Regards,
Vimal

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

Thanks for information.

we have another setup where ABAP and JAVA instance installed separately in this setup I am also to logon SLD using J2EE_ADMIN user but able to login with 'Adminstrator' user and we have password for the J2EE-ADMIN user but gives the same message 'User authentication failed'.

please suggest how to login with J2EE_ADMIN user and if user exist how to unlock/password set.

thanks

ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

As said earlier post, if the ABAP & JAVA are installed separately , you will have j2ee_admin. If java is an add-in, you will have administartor account.

usually portal UME will be of 001 client. Try to login to 001 client and check whether you are able to see j2ee_admin.If yes, reset the password.

If not, you need to check what is the UME of the Java. whether it is ABAP based or Java based. You can check that config tool. Search for UME and see what is the value of ume.masterclient. If you can see 001 or 000 or anything, den it is abap. if not, den it is java.

If it is java based you can try to reset the password of j2ee_admin by activating sap*. Follow the steps in the below link.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Four+Steps+to+Unlock+Portal+Administrator

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for details explaination.

we have JAVA installed and when I am trying to login with the user J2EE_ADMIN it gives 'User authentication failed' but able to login with 'Administrator' user and I also checked the Identity Management-->User but here also J2EE_ADMIN user not found.

UME is java database.

Please suggest.

Thanks

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing, in config tool  value for the parameter

admin\user\<JAVA_SID> is 'Administrator'

so J2EE_ADMIN is not created?

please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Correct.

By default, SAP will use either Administrator or J2ee_admin based on the installation. If we wish, we can change it.

But in your case, you have administrator as the username created by SAP by default.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal

Thanks for reply and clear lot of confusion.

we have 2 setup

1. DEV with ABAP and JAVA as add-one

when I check the in config tool  value for the parameter admin\user\<JAVA_SID> is 'Administrator'

so where I can found J2EE_ADMIN suer?

Or can I consider 'J2EE_ADMIN' user is not created? please suggest

2. We have 2nd setup is ABAP and JAVA instance installed separately.

In this case,  value for the parameter admin\user\<JAVA_SID> is 'Administrator'

in above 2 case, UME is Java database

So please suggest,'J2EE_ADMIN' user is not created?

I can login to http:\hostname:50100 using 'Administrator' user

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. DEV with ABAP and JAVA as add-one

when I check the in config tool  value for the parameter admin\user\<JAVA_SID> is 'Administrator'

so where I can found J2EE_ADMIN suer?

Or can I consider 'J2EE_ADMIN' user is not created? please suggest

I am not sure about the SR 2 or 3 release, from which with JAVA as add-in, you will have j2ee_admin and j2ee_guest.  Later  now, we will have a different  Java users like J2ee_ADM_SID , j2ee_GUEST_SID . Before that you will have only one user which administrator. Might be you are using SR1. I am not sure how to find the SR which one is running now.

2. We have 2nd setup is ABAP and JAVA instance installed separately.

In this case,  value for the parameter admin\user\<JAVA_SID> is 'Administrator'

In both the case, I can say that J2ee_admin user is not created in your system by SAP by default.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal