cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One office unable to use SAP Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our office in Montreal, CA is getting this error when they attempt to create or edit a text object.

Can anyone give me information on how to troubleshoot this problem? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the original issue by backing the users up to SAP GUI 702, Patch Level 7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good news and thanks for letting us know.

To help close this question, it's best to mark answers as 'helpful' and then resolve the call.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still working on this.  A run of transaction SU53 after the exception shows this failure:

Object Class AAA

Authorization Object S_TCODE

Authorization Field TCD

FDKUSER

Security team is reluctant to turn on authority for this class without more information.

I've also asked the team to prepare Install CD for the latest patch level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you get on with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have determined is that this problem began when SAPGUI was upgraded to version 720.  We tested opening the full-screen editor in SAP on a client at HQ installed with 720, Patch 11 and saw no problems.  Any guesses what the "Object 15" may refer to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Object 15 is to do with the control of the text editor screen - please check the early link I sent for information.  As I see it, you have the following options:

1. return to the previous (working) sapgui verson

2. put on the latest SAPGui 720 patch.

3. Try SAPGui 730 as it's the only currently-developed GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The users in this office all use SAPGUI 720, Patch level 11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How long has this been happening?

What changes on the system have taken place?

What patches have been applied to either the ERP system or Frontend?

These are usually the questions that need to be answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've determined that Citrix is not used to provide access to the Application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are they using the webgui, as there is a known limitation with this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/eb/549e36cf0ecb7de10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patsy,

If it's one user on one machine, then it's a local PC or client issue.  Try re-installing the GUI.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.  It is all transactions which provide a "text object" function (VA02, VD02, etc.) and multiple users in the office.  I do not know anything about setting an SAP Message Server, but this office is in the French speaking province of Canada.  Could the different default language have anything to do with the routing through the message server.  I suspect from the exception reported that the message server is not finding the SAP Editor Control service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, are they Citrix users?  Is this a new issue?