Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI MFT

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planning to migrate few Gentran/Connect Direct non-edi interfaces to SAP PI. While we were trying to get few details on the current Connect Direct setup, we got to know that Connect Direct has more capabilities like event driven file transfer, can be hosted individually on different OS and thus can execute multiple OS scripts for each environment pre/post file transfer.

As we all know, PI lacks good MFT facility. So, is it a good idea to use third party products like SPAZIO MFT Adapter? Or is there any other better product?

If any of you've used SPAZIO MFT, please provide me your review about it and also the cost.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

In addition to Dave's suggestion...

If it's event driven funtionality you also require, you could also investigate SAP CPS (Central Process Scheduling)...There is a trimmed down version shipped free with SAP Solution Manager and a paid for version that has a lot more features. With it you can potentially "orchestrate" your files transfers, os script execution, timing of SAP file channel polling based on a specific event, Abap stack jobs etc...

I'm not sure if SEEBURGER has those capabilities too but Dave could probably shed some light on that too.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe -

First, let me identify myself as an employee of SEEBURGER.  I generally don't like to do "Sales"-type responses here, but you asked about other products, and there are a lot of people who don't know about SEEBURGER's products for the exact situation that you describe in your post.  As an outline:

SEEBURGER MFT for SAP Solution includes:

1.SEEBURGER MFT for PI (For System to System File Transfer)

2.SEEBURGER MFT Plug-In for SAP (For Ad-Hoc File Transfer & System to Human File Transfer)

SEEBURGER MFT FOR SAP includes:

1.AS2 Adapter

2. SFTP Adapter

3. HTTP/s Adapter

4. OFTP/OFTP2 Adapter

5. SEELINK Endpoint (for partners who do not have packages to communicate with you)

6. Message Tracker

7. MFT Content/Processes for PI

SEEBURGER MFT Plug-In for SAP includes:

1.MFT Plug-in Spool printer for SAP

2.SEE FX (SEEBURGER File eXchange)

You are probably aware that SEEBURGER has been a strategic partner of SAP for years for our EDI/B2B Gateway and our PI EDI Adapters.  We have released these products for MFT for use with SAP more recently.

I'm not in sales, so I can't provide pricing information, as I don't know the pricing, but if you go to our website and request that someone contact you, we will get someone in your region to contact you for discussions if you like.  www.seeburger.com