cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notified quantity exceeds quantity ordered XXX PAL in SAP WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My client is facing problem in TO confirmation.

It concerns Transfer Order for Inbound delivery STO 201414986.  

They can’t confirm the TO with LT12. Example TO 9995669, whs XXX.

The error message is this:

It is said that the quantity in (HU)SSCC 354490003040993960 is bigger than the requested quantity. But this is not true.

The SSCC has 240 CS on it, in Master Data 240 CS = 1 PAL.

1. The delivery line 90 (material 403394) has requested qty 4 PAL è hence 4 TOs created: 9995669, 9995670, 9995671 and 9995672.

How to fix this?

Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Issue is very urgent..if any message settings available for overcoming this problem ..please suggest

when I am googled it I found message version Z00 APP:- ME, N0:-161 notified quantity exceeds quantity orderd (if it is error message then change it to Warning message..this will fix this problem) like that I read..if i copy the standard message and made it Z-message will it fix this problem?

Please help

Regards,

Mark

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot just create a Z message and assume that SAP would recognize this Z message without a program change.

However, the ME161 message is customizable. execute OLME ,then Environment Data > Define Attributes of System Messages

But I would suggest to analyze your case in more depth.and not just change the message attributes to get around this error without knowing why it came.

What I already see is that you are working with different units. unfortunately I do not know which on is the base unit.

Further I always have a problem with dot or comma as decimal notation, so I do not really know if the message should be read a 12600 pal or as 12 pal and a broken pal.

you did not mention what the order quantity and unit is, check in ME23N.

This quantity is reduced by the notification quantity and compared with the over-delivery tolerance  This tolerance can be seen in PO item detail delivery tab.

Do you already have any data in the purchase order history tab? if yes, what is shown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jurgen,

No Purchase order history tab creatd as delivery is not completed completed.

tolerance in delivery tab is 5 % over and under delivery

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What can you see in the quantity tab of the PO. especially  the conversion rate between base unit and order unit I am interested in