cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 can't import WSDL from ERP SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to load a WSDL generated from SOAMANAGER in an SAP ERP into my SAP PI 7.1 environment. 

The WSDL is well formed, as it has been loaded into SOAPUI and into Biztalk.  The irony is, SAP PI 7.1 can't load the WSDL generated by an SAP instance.

The error below is generated:

Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

Reason:

Element "Policy" is not permitted in the "/definitions/portType("zv80_sa_ge_portal")" elementCheck the selected category

A search did return several references to blogs that seem to have been deleted (Thank you for SCN...SDN references are now lost) and searching for the name of the author of the blog post returned nothing.  I am hoping this has been addressed by some one else and a solution is available.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

Are you importing through external definition?

How does your WSDL URL read, particularly the "ws-policy=*" part?

If you "Open WSDL for selected binding" from SOAMANAGER" in your browser, If you change your WSDL URL to (just the ws-policy bit) to "ws-policy=standard" in your browser, you will see a WSDL minus the ws-policy tags.

Then import that "standard" WSDL (minus the ws-policy tags) into PI, it should work ok.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Trevor....that was exactly what we needed to do.  After it was pruned, the wsdl imported without a problem.

Answers (0)