cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M-Business Anywhere 6.7 and SQL Anywhere 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I run M-Business Anywhere 6.7 server with SQL Anywhere 12?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jose_at_sap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Provided that your SA connection uses a standard interface, like ODBC or JDBC, then you should be able to connect the M-Business Server to SA12. All you'll need is the appropriate driver, which is included in the product. Note that if your server database uses a version of SA that is 9 or below, you will need to upgrade the database file so that SA12 can load it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok great, now when you say the version of SA (SQL Anywhere) is 9 or below are you takling specifically SQL Anywhere  or ASA. We had installed SQL Anywhere 10.x, but we upgraded the ASA component from version 8 to 9. with this configuration SA12 will still work, correct?

jose_at_sap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The terms ASA and SA can be used interchangeably, so I meant ASA9. What's important is the database file format that you are using, because the SA10 (and higher) database server CANNOT read a database file created with ASA9 or lower.  You need to upgrade the database file in order for the newer database server to load it.

So what this means is that you can install SA10 (or 11 or 12) as the db server for M-Business, but if you try to start your ASA9 database, the db server will not be able to do so. You'll have to upgrade the database file format and then start the db with the new server.  Hopefully this makes sense - but please let me know otherwise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so would we have to update the AGDB database from 9 to at least 10 to be able to run M-Business 6.7, SQL Anywhere 12, and Mobilink? If so how would I go about doing that without upgrading M-Business 6.7?

jose_at_sap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes you'd need to upgrade the db so that the SA12 server can load it.  I don't believe you need to update M-Bus though, as long as it can connect to the database server.

Have a look at this document that explains your options on how to upgrade the database:

http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1201/en/sachanges/v10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html

As with any upgrade procedure, please ensure to backup your database and (preferrably) do the upgrade on a test environment to ensure there are no issues before upgrading the production system.

Answers (0)