cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master creation Issue through Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing strange behaviour in our system when the Customer Master is created through Idoc.

For few customers, eventhough Tax information are missing in the E1KNVIM segment, system allows to create the Customer Master successfully whereas for few customers it is not allowing to create. System is giving the error message as "Check tax classification; maintenance is incomplete" which the correct behaviour.

I am not sure why it allowed to create for few customer.

System : ECC 6.0 & IS-Oil

Regards

Vinu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

System will allow you to create both masters - customer & material without tax classification when they are created through background processing, ie idocs, batch jobs etc. though they are marked as mandate.

Infact we designed a custom program to update masters for which tax classification wasnt maintained.

So my guess is that, the differences(if any) in the way idocs are processed to create master data.

Check both foreground and background processing and see if any difference is there.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth ,

Yes. You are right. I have noticed this in one of our project during data migration of Customer Master through Idoc. But the issue is that if the tax data are missing, idoc is failing for few cases and the error message is clear that

Check tax classification; maintenance is incomplete

Message no. F2269

Regards

Vinu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

For customer's who are not going for error. Check & compare whether their country in address, is in the list of countries for tax condition as maintain in OVK1.

Say, Customer is of country CH and country CH is not featuring on the list of countries on OVK1 for tax. So, while creating master for them through Idoc. Check for those customer, whether you are not getting that error.

Just a thought, I'm not sure though.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP ,

Infact in the Sales Area data ---> Billing View, Country and Tax Category values are appearing. But Tax classification is BLANK. But customer created successfully.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further, you can check whether you have maintained delivery plant in sales data, where you get error for not maintaing tax classification value. And similarly, you have not maintain delivery plant to those customer, where you are not getting error for incompletion of tax classification values.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

In either of the cases, delivery plant is not maintained.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont ,Can you look into their Account Groups as Tax Classification is what level present (Suppress,Required Entry ,Optional Entry and Display ).

Note: I am guessing ,my be this above effect on this issue .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra ,

It is Mandatory field and both customers are of same Account Group

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is Mandatory field and both customers are of same Account Group.

But Tax classification is BLANK. But customer created successfully.

Here ,I have one doubts is ,Tax Classification field is Mandatory in Account Group but Tax Classification Filed is Blank .How it is Possible ? and also How you have created successfully ?

Note : Some thing happening in wherever .............!

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narendra ,

How it is Possible ? and also How you have created successfully ?

That is the issue . For the same customer which was created successfully, if you go in change mode, system is throwing error message. But somehow Idoc is allowing for few cases.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I got it .what I am saying is ,before I am also faced same issue but as you like .I have faced in the presence of Recon Account .Actually ,I have maintained as this field as optional in OBD2 but when I am going to create Customer ,again that was asking even we maintained optional . Finally , we have opened that customer in OB20  centrally ,there it as Required .

Note : I think ,might be in your cases happening .

Thanks,

Naren