Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have a scenario File -> XI/PI -> ERP. My sender channel will select one file in the folder every 60 secs. The file will be archived after the file is processed by XI/PI. My question is, if there are more than one files in the folder, what should i do? Which settings should i use?

regards, Fangin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe this blog will help:

http://scn.sap.com/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-...

Choose Advanced Selection for Source File and then use FileNameMask. The files will be sent one by one (see solution N*1 in the blog).

Hope this helps,

Mark

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thx for your reply. Could i set order for the file processing. For example all the files should be processed in a sequence of the file name or created date.

regards,

Fanglin

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Setting the processing order via FileName or by date is only possible if you are using NFS.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dipaks_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos
kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Fanglin,

please follow the Rules of Engagement and use an informative subject line.

Regards

Kenny Scott

SCN XI/PI Moderator

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

sorry. How can i change the subject now? i couldn't find the way.

regrads,

Fanglin

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

you should be able to edit your original post but ny advise was intended more for future posts.

Regards

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by anup you can use "enable duplicate handling" to avoid duplicate file processing.  How third party placing the files in the folder.  Are they placing the files with timestamp extension or different file names.  If they are placing different file name then put file name schema as " * ".  It depends on your requirement.

Thanks,

Satish.

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satisch,

they are placing the files with timestamp extension. If the files are processed by XI/PI, then the files will be archived to an other folder. One more question, how can i use the option "enable duplicate handling"? That means, für each file the working process will be executed one times.

regards, Fanglin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you require all the files placed in the folder to be processed then change the file picking pattern in your adapter channel...

Else if file is duplicate and requires processing of the same then enable duplicate processing option available in file adapter processing  tab..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fanglin,

It depends on your requirements that What you want to do with other files .

there is one option available "enable duplicate handling" . you can use this based on your requirements.

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee