Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Launchpad text transport issue

Hello Experts,

My client is on EHP6.I have created a launchpad by copying from standard ESS(Menu) launchpad. I have saved this Launchpad with the Namespace 'Z' and respective  TR's(Customizing & Workbench) got generated for this Launchpad. Now when i transported these TR's into Quality, No text is appearing for the applications and launchpad(Description in language English doesn't exists). Can you please let me know how to transport the text. Please see the screenshots attached.

I tried to run the report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS and i can see the missing entries(Texts created by customer) in Qulaity system.

Then i tried to follow this procedure

"

If you have not yet transported the launchpad, you first have to include the texts in a workbench transport request.

This means the texts are stored as General Texts (TX) with the prefix "LP*LECD0000008".

2. In the Easy Access menu, choose Tools -> ABAP Workbench -> Utilities -> Translation -> Short and Long Texts (SE63).

3. You then choose Translation -> ABAP Objects -> LongTexts (Documentation).

You branch to the dialog box Object Type Selection.

4. Expand the node C6 F1 Help and double-click on TX   General Texts.

5. To select the text, enter "LP*LECD0000008*" in the field Object Name and "999999" as the Translation Area.

"

When i try to search the object name For ex 'LP*LECD0000009000000' or LP**, i am not getting any object related to this. Can you please guide how to go ahead on this and add the concerned objects in the transport request.

Thanks & Regards

Sahil Kohli

launchpad_zess.JPG (24763 B)
Tags:
Former Member
replied

You need to implement all the notes, there was a bug to resolved it apply all pre reqs notes etc

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question