cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area fields on Change Customer : Initial Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We have a request from a client to make the Sales Area fields on the Change Customer : Initial screen mandatory for a specific account group only. Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try with user exit SAPMF02D

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our developer looked at user exits and says it won't work. you have to go past the initial screen before the user exits are functional. he ways he is looking at BADI - CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA. Not sure if it's going work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the responses. the BADI worked, Sales Ar'ea data on XD02 and specific account groups are now mandatory. Downside is that it affects XD99 as well as it calls XD02. But at least we can work around that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salwa ,

I hope it can be done with the help of user-exit because only after entering the customer number, you can determine the account group. So at the time of change, system should validate the account group and accordingly set the sales area field mandatory. Never tried this. Just a thought process.

You can do this for the T.Code:VD02 and it is sales area specific.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The object for this is V_KNA1_BRG.  Take the help of your Basis team and set to mandatory.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Can you please tell us how we can make some field mandatory with authorization object? Specially with the object you have shared. There are only following activities. It will be a new learning if you share this please.

Create or generate
Change
Display
Block/unblock
Delete

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I am a lay man from Basis point of view.  Long time back, a similar requirement came and Basis team had achieved that.  Not sure, how they have done that.  Sorry that I am unable to be provide more details.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Luckily I know basics of Basis authorizations and I think we can check authorization of create/change or display any field with objects but we cannot make some field mandatory with authorization object as per standards. For making some field mandatory there are three options.

1. Standard with IMG
  2. ABAP Coding
  3. Screen/Transaction Variant

Now for the OP's requirement standard IMG is not possible.

For ABAP coding I have searched some user exit but didn't find any. Every user exit works in XD02 general data/company code data or sale area data screens. No user exit works in XD02 initial screen (as per my search and opinion). May be there is some user exit which I didn't found.

Screen variant will make these fields mandatory but not for specific account group. It will make for every account group as we can not put some IF condition in screen variant.

In short I don't think so this is possible but still let some other experts put their views on it.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your findings are correct MozzaM.

G. Lakshmipathi