cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure two Mail host names for a smtp node in SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My company has two different mail host names say for ex: mail.hostname1.com & mail.hostname2.com

Now i want to configure the SAP client to sent mails to both the above hosts using the SMTP node in scot.

I am able to do that only for one of the two host names as the SMTP node has a option to include only one.

Anyone can help me to solve this?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shravan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dera Shravan,

Please note that it is currently not possible to configure multiple SMTP nodes in SCOT.

Refer to the attached note 455140. You cannot copy a SMTP node in SAPConnect and send to multiple SMTP servers. This functionality is not supported or being planned for in future.

However if you have multiple clients on the same host you can configure another SMTP service. What I am trying to say is that you can have only one SMTP node per client. Also although it is not possible to create more smtp nodes, it is possible to setup RFC node.

For details about SMTP configuration, please refer to the following SAP Note:
455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Kind Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

that's what the notes say. But I tried it anyway and had not the slightest problems configuring two SMTP servers (SAP ECC 6.0, SAP_BASIS 702.09) and distributing the mail sending depending on simlpe filters between both of them.

Do you know whether there was an upgrade for the SMTP function that somehow "skipped" to be mentioned in the recent notes?

Regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ralf,

But can you explain how you created another SAP node ?

As of now when i place the cursor on on SMTP in the SCOT tcode and click on copy, it says cannot copy or delete the smtp node. When i try to create new node from SCOT, there is no option for SMTP, the options are for only http and rfc node to selct from.

Can you explain more how u created.

Thanks,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the funny thing. I already have two SMTP connections but am still able to create a new. (Ctrl F5)

Perhaps someone from the SAP can bring light in this?

Regards

Ralf

jozsef_hegyi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With SAP_BASIS 7.02 SAPconnect offers the possibility to create more

than one SMTP node. This is a enhancement of the functionality. In

Systems with SAP_BASIS release <7.02 only one SMTP node can be created.

There is no note to provide this function in the lower releases, because

as I said, this is a enhancement of the functionality of SAPconnect.

Best regards

Jozsef

former_member272420
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Very curious how you did this?

We are running ECC6.04 kernel 7.20 but can not create a second SMTP server.

What configuration can you make to actually use the second SMTP connection, can you send one domain (xxx@firstdomain.com) to SMTP_A and another domain (xxx@seconddomain.com) to SMTP_B?

KR

Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

I would really like to give you some smart-ass response, but somehow I achieved this without "doing" anything. So it looks for me like Joszef might be right and this is just part of BASIS 7.02, since we also have Basis 7.02 SP 09.

Regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

can you explain how to decide which server should be used?

We are able to put two Servers into SCOT but we don´t know where to say use this or use that Server.

Do we have to say this in class CL_BCS?

Where do you decide this?

We would like to send extern mails over another mail Server than intern mails due to security reasons.

Thanks for any reply.

Regards

Volker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

What is the SMTP port used in both of the mail servers ?

If you can configure 2 different SMTP ports in the mail servers to relay emails, you can easily configure the required scenario.

You need to have 2 SMTP nodes in SCOT with 2 different hostname/port configuration.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.

SMTP port for both the mail servers is 25.

But coming to your answer, I am using the SMTP node which is default with SAP in SCOT.

But how to create another SMTP node in SCOT is something I am not able to do. Any help there would be helpful