cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot archival

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in a process of archival of inspection lot (Object - QM_CONTROL).

We have some old lots that does'nt have inspection plans assigned to it. Results recording not done & UD not posted.

For these materials, Inspection plan is created after lot creation date.

Now to archive these lots, we are asigning inspection plan in current date & then posting force UD for these lots.

But even after that when we are running archival, lots are not getting archived.

Please suggest.

Reagrds,

Srijit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Since you just forced the lots closed, you are probably still within the residence time for transactional data, which is preventing archiving. See IMG -> QM-> Environment -> Central functions -> Organize Archiving

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srijit,

I am on the same boat that i need to archive the old ILs, but in my case i can create the UDs, but SAP Archiving is looking at the Residence time that which we have is 5 years as per our retention policy and check the UD change date. If you create an UD for the older ILs, the change date would be recent and if you residence time doesn't meet the change date, SAP is not going to bring anything for archive.

Just an FYI if you have not yet reached, my investigation on QM_COTROL is, it looks for ILs that has status 'Cancel' or Ils with the UD code (with change date match to your residence time). Archive program doesnt look at last change date on the cancelled ILs, but it looks at the last change date on the UD.

Please let me know if you have reached to a solution on this.

gyanaranjan_rout
Contributor
0 Kudos
milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check note no.48815

Revert if useful.

Regards,

Milind