cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore the starting lines in sender file using message transform beans?

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our requirement is file(SFTP) to proxy.

In our sender file we have header information, we want to ignore the header information.

we know if we use fcc  then we mention "Document Offset" value.

in our requirement we use SFTP channel, in this situation we didnt use fcc then we go for Message transform Beans.

What is the parameter for ignore the header information as well as trailer information in message transform beans?

Thanks in Advance,

vishnu pallamreddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Please check this link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2009598

Regards,

Beena.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

In our file we have unnecessary data at the bottom of file, we want to omit that data also.

what is the solution for that?

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

The first question here is how do you know what data at the end of the file has to be omitted first, then someone can give help on next steps.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

In our file we have full details of employees.

at end of the file we have data like "Note" and "Total", like "Totals:       6 employees".

What is the solution for this situation?

Thanks in Advance,

vishnu pallamreddy.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

So there are a couple possible things I could think of off the top of my head without knowing too much detail about the structure of the source file.

1.  Setup separate source and target structures where the target is a subset of the source structure.  Use the keyFieldValue option of FCC to distinguish structures that you want to either keep/ignore and then use a mapping to pass the structures you want to keep to the target.

2.  Use a java mapping to strip contents and convert remainder to XML content & then graphical mapping is processed.

Those are a couple of options I can think of but with more detail it may indicate which may be the better option.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Answers (0)