cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa OrgChart 3.0 (Live RFC) adding Position ID field in Org Unit Manager view (in the org unit box under manager name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client is running the following Nakisa version

Product Information
Name:Nakisa OrgManagement Standard Edition
Product Version:7.0
Build Version:0700038500

In the OrgChart they now see the Org Units with the following info in the Manager View

- Org Unit Name

- Picture of the manager

- Name of the manager

Now what they would like to see, is also the position name of the manager.

(the same description as is available in the position box of the manager position)

Sadly, in the standard, this information is not available to add to that view.

My problem seems very similar to this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3279632

My questions:

1)Is this the correct way to do this?

2)Where exactly, in which file, which path, where in the xsl should I actually put the required code. (I'm new to changing the xsl files)

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!

Cheers,

Gerrit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it myself. There was a mistake in the view.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good news!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

The build you are using is old.

I'd advise creating a CSS message where we can give you the latest build.

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

At the same time the client has a problem to get the single sign on with logon tickets up and running.

(with logon everything works, single singn on works everywhere else in the portal, just not with Nakisa, there it keeps getting a server error)

Could this also be the result of being on an outdated build of Nakisa 3.0?

Kr,

Gerrit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

My advice was more general.

When I see customers come to me with an old build like that, if they are in the middle of implementing Nakisa I ask them to upgrade to the latest.

It may not resolve their specific issue although many times it does, but it will contain the latest fixes for other areas of the application too.

Nakisa are working on getting this latest build to SMP to improve the process.

In your case, feel free to create message in component xx-part-nks and I will provide you with it.

Regards,

Matthew

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't recommend upgrading here because the architectural changes from SP1. It's only worth it if you've done minimum customizing or understand the XML well enough to delta changes.

For your other issue, please open a new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for pointing out, maybe I should clarify.

My advice here is to upgrade to latest build on SP0 that they are on.

This I think is a no-brainer if customer is on 385.

I always leave it up to customers on upgrading Support Packs as there is more involved.

Matthew

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

The process is the same as in the thread you mentioned. I thought the Manager Position was already available. In the data element does this field exist? If so, then that's half of the problem solved.

The view is either ou_manager or ou_to_p_manager depending on which Organizational Chart you are using (the one with positions is ou_manager and the one with employees is ou_to_p_manager). If you check the view configuration I just mentioned you'll find the detail configuration that contains the detail data (which contains the data element) and the view template file. Once you have these files you can make the changes as specified in the other thread.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

In the whole Nakisa installation directory there is nothing when I search for ou*manager*

The only thing I get is a jpeg, which ironically displays what I would like to see:

Now what I get is

Where the "n/a" is, I would like to see "Gedelegeerd Bestuurder".

The config for this in the back end is:

That's a bit strange because, when I click the edit link, only the Org Unit line is found there.

I don't have the faintest idea where the rest comes from.

Also it updates all three boxes when I edit one.

I'm really lost in the xsl files and the admin view doesn't make sense to me at all...

Kr,

Gerrit

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

It looks like your problem is that it is displaying the text "n/a" instead of the text of the position name of the chief position. I believe this could be a bug.

Are you using Live to Staged? Also, is the problem for positions whose position name has a language key different to EN (and a language key in EN doesn't exist)? If so, test by creating a position name in language key EN for a test position.

Best regards,

Luke