cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP problem with Windows Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have purchased a Laptop with Windows Vista OS having Internet explorer 7.0 and loaded SAP GUI 6.40 with patch 20. I am facing the following problems:

1. Not able to execute CJ20N transaction

2. Heirarchy reports are not showing column descriptions

3. Some standard reports are not able to be executed

4. Not able to get connected to my client thru Cisco VPN

5. Not able to reply in webmails

Also some times my system is taking lot of time to execute simple commands and shutdown.

Can anybody help me how to resolve these?

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i know, and SAP describes, the only SAP GUI supported on Vista is the new 7.10 version, so....

Hope this helps

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is with report column descriptions blow up also. Is this related to SAP GUI 7.10 or the Internet explorer 7.0?

Does IE7.0 affects operation of SAP and other webmails?

Pls help....

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well as of SAP note 950975 SAP GUI is using components of IE when displaying anything using HTML controls, but as (referring to SAP note 66971) SAP GUI 7.10 is the only Windows GUI that is supported on Windows Vista, i still would try to install the 7.10 GUI, and see if this solves your problem.

SAP GUI 7.10 is backward compatible, so it can be used to access all supported SAP releases.

Regards

Rolf

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IE 7.0 has an impact on SAPGUI.

use SAPGUI 6.40 with patch level 21 or above will resolve issues with IE7.0 and SAPGUI.

But as told earlier, SAP only supports SAPGUI 7.10 on Vista, so, better use SAP's recommendations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

I am certified by SAP and my OSS access is not accepted for downloading GUI7.1. Can you pls tell me how can I get this?

Thanks

Raghu

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do you try to download from?

In this Blog: /people/bv.pillai/blog/2007/02/07/sapgui-for-windows-710-core-released

specially in the comments after it, there are some links mentioned, but you still have to have a valid so called S-User to access it.

Hope you find it...

Regards

Rolf

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this link:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~swdc/012002523100000896772007E/50083078_4.ZIP?_ACTION=DL_DIRECT

if this does not work, try at http://www.sapsuperusers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6088 but you will need to register on that website first.

Answers (0)