Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time Customer pop-up screen

former_member229716
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus, long time no see,

When we create a sales order for one-time customer, we get a address pop-up, there we enter the name of the customer. Currently the name on the pop-up

screen is using name that we maintain in one-time customer in customer master creation.

How can i set the NAME in address pop-up screen with blank with required entry ???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a standard address pop-up, so I doubt transaction variants or user exits will be of much help.

But why do you need to leave Name blank? Either company or a person should have a name... Otherwise consider just entering some generic name, according to the local postal format. E.g. in the US if name is unknown, mail may be addressed to 'CURRENT RESIDENT'.

former_member229716
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is my user requirement, they wanted the name on the pop-up screen is blank and field is required, so the Parts Sales Counter need to enter the actual customer name.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if the field is not required then how will you ensure that 'Parts Sales Counter' will enter the name?

Again, the address screen is used in many transactions across the whole SAP (e.g. it's used for both vendors and customers). So you might want to think twice before attempting any enhancements there.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

"You want blank Field but Required Field "

One query from my side as below ,

How system will be leave the Blank as a  " Required Field "in Customer Master ? If you not maintain ,How system will be saved Completely with out any Error ?

Note : Already my dear  Jelena Perfiljeva has explained clearly . You have to explain the User as convenience to another way and also explain ,how SAP treats the Fields in Master Data Level when we maintain Required /Optional/Suppress .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can work with User Exit MV45AFZZ for that or try with Screen Variant by setting default values in SHD0. User 'with Content' and 'Required' options there. You can set it Blank by giving Space which will be considered as a Character. Hope it helps, in case you need more assistance, do hit back. Rgds.

former_member229716
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i trying using Screen variant Option. At the transaction and Screen variant Option, I choose screen variant tab and set the screen variant name "ZCUST_COUNTER_SALE" and Program SAPLV09C/5000.after came to the related screen, there was no field to set the screen variant, anything that i do wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Press Enter key for twice and you'll get screen values for which SAPLSZA1 is the Program and Screen no. is 0301. Please check and revert. Rgds.

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

kindly use the customizing settings:(tcode OBD2)

Fin Accounting

AR & AP

Customer accounts

master data

preparation for creating cust master data

define account groups with screen layout

then select account group -> field status group(general data) -> address

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khaled,

Even if you'll set the field 'Name 1/last name' as Opt. entry in OBD2 then still in VA01, Name will be Mandatory in Customer Pop-Up screen.