Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 Sp5 CHARM Creating Templates

FrancoisCrous
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently upgraded from Solman 7.0 to 7.1 SP5. When creating the multilevel categorisation there is a lot of options for templates and even in the incident there is options to create texts from templates. 

Does anyone have a how-to gui that explains templates and how to create them?  One option for the auto complete to work is that a template needs to be created and I don't see the option on where to create a template for this.

Regards,

Francois Crous

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Francois,

at the moment there is no how-to guide available for this topic - however, I will take your feedback and check whether we can provide more detailed information in future.

Some more information:

The templates you can create in the Incident or Change Request Management area in the Web Client UI - please see screenshot below as an example:

For the "auto complete" feature to work correctly, you need to assign the template (containing the solution) to a category in the multi level categorization. Additionally you need to enable your transaction type for the usage of "auto complet" - this needs to be done here:

SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities -> IT Service Management -> Transactions -> Multilevel Categorization -> Assign Transaction Types to Cataolog Categories

If you now have a ticket with this category, you should be able to use the auto complete feature - it will take the template values and fill it into the current ticket.

To be honest, I'm also not 100% sure what else you can achieve when assigning templates to a specific category - there might be additional features. I think in Service Requests, the information of a template will also been taken when creating a new service request.

Additional hint: You also mentioned the "texts from template" in Incident - this is a different feature. Here you can create and manage text-blocks that you would like to save for re-use (e.g. signature, ...) - this has nothing to do with templates for transaction types.

Best regards
Tobias

0 Kudos

I am also looking for document to explain the use of templates better, please ?