cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Master Task not triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the master privilege task.  It isn't triggering.  The primary privilege is assigned and created as a pending object correctly.  It registers that there's a master privilege to assign but the 'No master task' is never triggered.

If I run the 'No master task' job manually, it works fine and everything runs through.  The master privilege is assigned, accounts are created and the other privileges get assigned as required.

Everything is set up correctly as far as I can see.  I've even recreated the master privilege to ensure its all set up correctly.  As far as I can tell, its not even trying to run the task.

The crazy thing is I'm sure it was working before I went on holidays and now its not.  Maybe I imagined it...

Currently using 7.2 SP6.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interestingly enough I have the opposite problem happening.  I've designated a task to run if I have no master task and it won't stop running!

Any thoughts?

As for your issue did something change in the role, repository or privileges?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Matt

The only things that spring to mind is:

1) grouping - it there's no grouping it may trigger the no master task for each privilege assigned.

2) the assignment of the master priv isn't finalised and its triggering again.

Does the user have the priv assigned when the task finished the first time?

Tell you what, I'll take half of your problem, you take half of mine and it'll balance out

As far as I know, nothing had changed.  Others have access but no reason to get onto my dev server at the moment.  I did lots of work on other tasks and imported bulk role and privs from other systems but none should have effected this master task.

Peter

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

No trade !

I was thinking about putting a condiditional task in the workflow to check if the ONLY privilege exists.  If it's there, set an audit flag so the process will pass it.  But that might not solve the root problem.  The task might keep running, just with no entries.

I'll look into the grouping.

Thanks!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it working.

I ended up deleting the AD:ONLY and SYSTEM privileges completely and rerunning the import job.  The existing users still failed but a new user went through fine.

I cleaned out all the privileges off the existing user but it still didn't work.  I haven't been able to track down why, which concerns me.

Anyway - back on the air after a lot of wasted time.  Next stop, GRC - any pointers there Matt?

Peter

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

I've made some notes on various issues that I've encountered in my recent deployment in a SBX environment.  DEV should be starting shortly.  As I do this I'll organize my notes and put together a blog entry on it.

In the meantime, if you have questions, you know where to find me!

Cheers,

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Just coming back to my problem.  (maybe I should start a new thread)

Yes I am grouping on MX_IS_ACCOUNT

thoughts?

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I think I just stabilized it.  Had the task set an Audit Flag on success, and watch for it.  It seems to have addressed the issue

Answers (0)