cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is JDBC option in Universe Designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Universe Designer 12.3.0.601. From browsing the web it seems there should be a JDBC option in Tools | Connections but I don't see it. I have 15 different data source options there starting with "Business Objects" and ending with "Teradata Corporation". There is a "Generic" option but only ODBC underneath. How do I make a JDBC option available? (I've attached a screenshot)

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Expand the SAP Business objects middleware selection and there you will see the database drivers for JDBC connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I just see OLEDB for OLAP drivers. I show the expanded version attached.

0 Kudos

Version Universe Designer 12.3.0.601? Looks to me you might be on an old version. Please, upgrade to SP4 Patch 9 first.
Also, after the upgrade try the IDT (Information Design Tool) and not the "old" UDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Refer the below link, hope it will helps you..

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2049046

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the link you posted Ravi I see that I do not have the Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\common\4.0\java\lib\MetadataEngineTestslib directory or the Install drive:\BusinessObjectsEnterprise\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc directory. For example, under the "connection server" directory I only have the "odbc" and "oracle" subdirectories. Based on what Andreas posted, can you say that JDBC wasn't available before SP4 and that SP4 introduced it?

I do have Java installed on the server....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Which BO version, Service pack and patch are installed in your system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Which BO version, Service pack and patch are installed in your system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is 12.3.0.601 (CMC | Settings). I think that is service pack 3, yes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SP5 and now I see there are JDBC options. I was able to get it to work thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Discussion moved from SCN Support to Semantic Layer: SCN Support is for SAP Community Network support related queries only.

To get a quick (or any) response, create your new discussion in a space related to your query.  This way it will be visible to topic experts who will then see and reply to it.  The SCN Site Index contains a full listing of all SCN spaces.