cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML response for HTTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a BPM scenario in which I have to send PO idoc to third party system using HTTP adapter and after I receive a response message from the system (it is synchronous process), I have to update PO idoc status using SYSTAT idoc.

The problem is - I have to send XML message using HTTP adapter but the response message I receive is HTML.

When I test this scenario, I can see the HTML response message from third party system in SXMB_MONI but it is not transfered to my message interface. I have a transformation step in which I map this response message to SYSTAT IDoc structure but when I check the workflow container for this transformation step in SXMB_MONI_BPE, the paylod for the message interface is empty.

Am I missing something?

What can be done to get this HML response into the message interface?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u declare the response and request as abstract interface and used the same in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Yes. Required Abstract interfaces are defined and BPM process as such seems to be working fine except that the HTML respose message payload is not getting transferred to the message interface.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then you check your adapter for any error or wht is the error your getting in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adapter configuration is fine. And there is no error in SXMB_MONI.

Actually the response message is from Oracle Gateway of the receiver system and it includes status code and status text. It is in HTML format.

I can see this HTML in SXMB_MONI log but it is not getting transferred to response message type in my synchronous message interface. My message type has only one field of type string. And I thought that this HTML will be transferred to the message type as string. I am correct in expecting this?

If not, is there any way to read this HTML and put it into the response structure of the message interface?

Thanks for your help.

Rahul.

Message was edited by:

Rahul Aurangabadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

it wont yu need to create a data type of respone like status and code etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

The HTML response has following format -

<HTML><BODY>

<TABLE>

<TR><TD>Status Code</TD><TD>1000</TD></TR>

<TR><TD>Status Description</TD><TD>Message Successfully received</TD></TR>

<TR><TD>Message Receipt ID</TD><TD>A9876543210987654321</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</BODY></HTML>

So I think creating data type as you have suggested will not be useful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rahul.

Message was edited by:

Rahul Aurangabadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to create data type of this and create an MT and to your abstract sychronuse interface.

Regards

Sreeram.G.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

I am not sure if this will work. But I will try...

Thanks for your help.

Gurus, any other suggestions?

Regards,

Rahul.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

For the response mapping, do not use Graphical Mapping.

Use java mapping as Java Mapping does not validate the paylaod against the message strucuture and crate the output Strcuture as you want.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Question: does Graphical mapping cant slove this, if we create same structure of HTML response.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

Dont think so.

Reason is a HTML document will not contain the declaration,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Even if you create a datatype like pointed out by you , Graphical Mapping will expect a <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> as the first element of the document which a HTML page will not contain.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

thanks for your answer one stupid question cant i make use of reciver http adapter to convert the html message to XML format excpted by XI.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't think it is possible.

Integration Engine of XI understands only XML and dont think it is possible to change the format of the message in the HTTP adapter.

Also, as the HTTP adapter runs on the integration engine and not adapter engine, modules like MessageTransformationBean etc cannot be used.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh that is interesting to know that information. I was in the assumption that reciver HTTP adapter converts HTML message into XML format understood by XI like any another adapter.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could solve the problem by creating Java Mapping on the response side of the synchronous interface.

Thank you all for the help. Points allocated

Best Regards,

Rahul.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know it worked.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<i> I check the workflow container for this transformation step in SXMB_MONI_BPE, the paylod for the message interface is empty.</i>

Here you need to check the container elements what you assigned , imean which interface you assigned is correct or not and , as you said mi is empty , it means check each step by step in BPE, after that , which step does not return value.. then check the container elements.. and interface mapping if used..

Regards

Chilla..