Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Password Change in SU10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We use ECC6. In this version in TCode SU10 there is an option of mass password change.

But I couldn't type the desired password. I can only press on the "generate password" button,

which generates a different password for each username.

Can you help me ? Is there an option of choosing the password, like I do in SU01 ?

Thank you !

Rami Kleiman

HP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to define the passwords (rather than letting SU10 generate them) then you can't use SU10 to do this as a mass activity.  Some common solutions are:

• Use eCATT, LSMW to record SU01 and pass in the password information.  You can do >1000 users per hour often.
  • Put a code wrapper around one of the user management BAPI's to create the passwords using an input file.

The option really depends on what the use case is for this requirement.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to define the passwords (rather than letting SU10 generate them) then you can't use SU10 to do this as a mass activity.  Some common solutions are:

• Use eCATT, LSMW to record SU01 and pass in the password information.  You can do >1000 users per hour often.
  • Put a code wrapper around one of the user management BAPI's to create the passwords using an input file.

The option really depends on what the use case is for this requirement.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thank you, Alex, for this reply.

Do you have instructions on how to use LSMW for this purpose ?

Good day !

0 Kudos

Hi,

I prefer eCATT so don't have any LSMW info.  For both techniques there are lots of tutorials available.  Learn how to 1. Record a transaction 2. Parameterise the input fields and then you can apply it to SU01 (which is easy as you only have userID and the 2 password fields)

LSMW: http://scn.sap.com/message/4228529

eCATT: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-10439

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

If you will generate the password for multiple users through Su10, after clicking on execute button, it will show the logs and in that log file you cans ee the passwords generated by the system .

Thanks,

varun Jain

0 Kudos

Please tell me how to obtain the log file.

0 Kudos

The log of changes is in the "Mass User Changes" screen after you have processed the change.  You can then export that and process in your tool of choice to give a list of users and generated passwords.  Don't forget that you can control the length of the generated password through PRGN_CUST with GEN_PSW_MAX_LENGTH.