cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow receiver determination EnP5 vs. EnP6 & MDG 6.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen several different variations regarding the receiver workflow determination for the Obj Type BUS2250 CREATED event via the event linkage  and I thought it might be helpful to put a thread out that discusses the differences of when you should use what method, etc.

It may not be clear cut for some folks (yours truly not necessarily excepted here).

One approach, generally in the earlier version (EnP5) is the DIRECT assignment of a specific receiver type (workflow) such as WS75700027 to the Receiver Type on the SWETYPV transaction (Event Type Linkage).

I have seen examples where several entries with different Receiver Types in the Overview screen have been set up for Object Type BUS2250.

Another approach uses a the Event Receiver section of the Detail screen:

Receiver Call:  Function Module

Receiver Function Module SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT

Receiver Type Function Module: USMD_WF_RECEIVER_TYPE

Event Delivery: Using tRFC (Default)

In this case, do both the Receiver Function Module and Receiver Type Function Module need to be completed, or are they two different ways of determining the Receiver? In other words, would you use one or the other and not both ?

The third point is that of how many "Linkage Activated" entries can be activated at one time for the BUS2250 event. I have seen documentation that indicates that only one of the options should be activated at any given time. Does this apply only to those entries in the Overview table that have a blank in the "Destination of Receiver" or all entries in the table for BUS2250?

If it is the latter, it would seem to be very limiting in terms of which workflows can be configured for Financials (for example). There may well be cases in which one workflow is to be called to do a set of requests (like data upload) and another to be called to do the single processing. If we are limited to only one active linkage, we lose that flexibility.

I may be stating the obvious here, but it would seem to make more sense to have the "dynamic" (function module) based linkage active so that it can then read the config table in MDG to determine which one to call. The problem is, in several examples here in SCN, as well as other documentation, I am seeing both types of entries in the table. If the dynamic one is the appropriate one to use, would there be a reason for the others to be defined as well ?

Can someone shine a beam of illumination on this seeming conundrum?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

One approach, generally in the earlier version (EnP5) is the DIRECT assignment of a specific receiver type (workflow) such as WS75700027 to the Receiver Type on the SWETYPV transaction (Event Type Linkage).

I guess even in EHP5  we had to use Reciever function module to determine the receiver of the event for business object BUS2250. CREATED.

The main point here to catch what is the workflow used by a specific CR and how many steps are defined .

Will continue my discussion on this.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bill,

If you got the difference could you please explain it so that it helps me in understanding it clearly.

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim.