Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Error - FSCM Dispute Management

john_pietrowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Using Transaction:  UDM_DISPUTE.  When the user tries to add an open item, getting

No RFC destination could be determined for the method call.

Message no. B1555

Diagnosis

No RFC destination could be determined for calling method . on the logical system CPECLNT100.

CPECLNT100 is not your logical system. No RFC destination has been stored in the relevant tables to call the method .

Procedure

Check the RFC destination assignments to logical systems for synchronous method calls

Is there a guide as to how to setup the rfc for this?

We are using this on ECC 6.0 

16 REPLIES 16

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

John,

Ask Basis to maintain the RFC properly.

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

If you read my question, you will see we are trying to set this up.  I am the basis guy. 

0 Kudos

John,

I read your question and tried to answer the security related part of it. Regarding the guide to setup - UDM_DISPUTE is a transaction & has no config uide for it, you should search FSCM forum, there are many threads related to issues with UDM_DISPUTE.

Following notes are about typical sources for such error, so these may be helpful:

Note 200066

Note 313482

You may also want to check documentation on SAP net under FSCM>Dispute Management

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

Have you got a single system for SAP FSCM and FI-AR or do you have many?

0 Kudos

We are using a single system.  I believe we may have gotten past the RFC error and now it just a matter of figuring out how to create the case from the Dispute Management side.  

If we create it on the AR side, it puts in the logical system and the customer info, but if we create it on the DM side it does not allow you to enter a customer so the logical system is not populated so it errors out. 

Someone, somewhere has to have a config.  guide for how to properly set this up. 

0 Kudos

Hi John

Configuring dispute cases are pretty simple once you know how. It uses case management functionality.

I would suggest the FSCM configurer checks the case model, and that the elements are defined correctly.

I am unclear what version of ERP 6 you are on (which enhancement package) but it could be worth checking that all of the relevant notes have been added.

Lastly you need to confirm if you are using standard dispute management or "customer dispute objects".

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I am the basis person, and also the FSCM configurer, and basically the configurer for everything which leads me to my original statement, there has to be a guide somewhere that the FSCM configurer would follow. 

0 Kudos

I do not believe that we have any enhancement packs installed.  Can you tell me where I can look to see if any were installed? 

We had our system installed by a consulting firm three years ago and I was not part of the install so I do not know what was put on.

0 Kudos

t code sfw5 will show if you have any enhancement packs ( well business function sets) installed.

In terms of the config guide it is against the rules of this forum board to pass this information around.

0 Kudos

Not to be silly or anything, but what is this forum for if not to ask questions and answer them and help people learn how to do their jobs? 

When I look at this forum, I find lots of helpful answers, in fact I see that it awards points for both correct  answers and for helpful answers.

How is helping breaking the rules?  I am very confused. 

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Asking a direct question is fine.

Asking for config notes would be in breach of copyright and so on.

I am try to answer your question and point you in the right direction but I will not provide a full Dispute Management config guide.

0 Kudos

Surely SAP's configuration documentation and guides are available to customers, even if SAP owns the copyright?

@ John:  Have you checked BD97? (logical system assignments have nothing to do with the Dispute Management application). Do you have access to the SMP site?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes I have checked BD97, and we have since fixed the logical systems listed here, so it kind of fixed the RFC error. 

We are still getting an error, be it a different error, but an error all the same in that the cases that were and still are created in DM are created without a customer and logical system so they error out.  If the case is created on the AR side, the customer info is added and the logical system is correct so things work great. 

Is there a setting, config we did not do that allows you to enter/select a customer in DM or should cases only be created on the AR side?

I cannot believe SAP would give you the option to create it on the DM side if you shouldn't do it, so I believe somehow, somewhere we have to change how this is configured. 

I have searched the net and find tons of stuff on Multi Systems, but nothing straight forward that says this is how you setup a single system. 

I have viewed the guides at https://service.sap.com/fscm and tried to watch the demos on Dispute Management from this link, but it tells me that my tutor has to be licensed to view them so I cannot even follow their demos. 

I am very frustrated by this process because as you can see SAP provides guides, just not what I am looking for and in the past I have found posts that supplement the guides and help to set things up, just not in this particular case. 

Am I putting this post in the wrong area, maybe, but if someone would tell me where to ask, I will gladly do so.  I guess my next step is to ask my bosses to pony up the money to have a consultant set this up for us as I can't seem to find out how to do so.

0 Kudos

For applications using logical systems it is relatively easy but potentially very confusing to troubleshoot them.

Does the technical connection behind the logical system have a fixed user in it? If yes, check on the target server for short dumps or ST01 trace (F_KNA1_GRP missing? Or something DM related) failures of that user or your own if the current user is used.

If that is ok, then debug the call using the RFC system debugger and when the customer is selected check to see whether there are customizing dependencies. Eg. for remote enabled search helps there is a customizing table in which you can influence the severity of authority-checks on master data (you will find it in the debugger as it will run through that code if DM uses the BAPIs which support it - which it should).

If not, then it is a program error and you should report it to SAP -> bug.

I tip on faulty customizing and possibly aggrevated by missing authorizations in the RFC call and the user has a copy of SAP_ALL role, but that does not include new objects because it is a snapshot of SAP_ALL from way back when...

ps: even guides and demos seldom tell you exactly which authorizations are needed by which user... They just want to get it to work first, and in the case of consultants they mostly then leave once it is working...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member

seems that the system where the issue is being faced have refreshed from other system .

Please check the table UDMCASEATTR00 where you can find the entry of other sysetm in the fin_log_sys field .

Please run the BDLS again for the table UDMCASEATTR00 and the issue will be fixed

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this.