cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminate APO from my system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

Currently I have a requirement because the client wants to eliminate APO from its system.

They are only using the GATP. I mean they are not using Product Allocation, D2D neither Production Planning.

I want to know which I have to take into account for carrying out this requirement.

Thanks a lot for your help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynda,

If you are currently using GATP, and you decide to stop using it, then you will have to think about how you wish to perform ATP after the change.  By default, ATP processing will revert to ECC.  You should make sure that whatever ATP you will be left with in ECC will meet your client's requirements.  Speak to your SD functional expert for details of configuring Sales ATP; and your PP functional expert about PP ATP.

There may be jobs currently running in ECC that are designed to support the current APO solution.  You need to speak to the architect who designed this APO solution to determine which (if any) jobs exist, and which (if any) should be un-released.

You can stop any APO processing by deactivating the Integration models.  CFM2 in ECC.  Probably a good idea also to turn off Publishing in APO.  In APO SM30 > View /SAPAPO/CIFDSTRV.

You should create a formal Test Plan, and have the business users test both the go-live process, and the subsequent day-to-day business processing, in your quality system, before considering go-live.  It is important that all appropriate business groups know when the change will take place, and what to expect after the change is performed.  The cutover is best done during time of low activity. You would typically use your standard project management techniques to ensure that all "i's" are dotted and all "t's" crossed.

Best Regards,

DB49

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Deactivate all of your Integration Models via /CFM3 using the following data:

Model: *

Logical System: *

APO Application: *

**In case you have Integration Models for SNC, select only the APO Logical System.

Then mark the option "Deactivate All Versions", execute it and click the "Start" button.

Then remove your APO system from /NDV2 and remove its logical system from /SM59.

There you go, no APO anymore.

Will

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynda,

So here you want to do away with APO, right?

Rgds

Sourabh