cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple IDOCs Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to have a confirmation on the approach to be followed when from the SAME source system (SAP ECC), we are getting multiple IDOCs kind(meaning different Message Types). I know there are other threads on this topic, I just wanted try to focus on a certain case.

I think we have two possible scenarios:

1- having one MII Listener for every Message Type;

2- having only one MII Listener, with multiple Processing Rules, everyone working on a couple server/message type

I would absolutely decide to use the second approach, to save resources on NW (and use less IDOC Listeners which are limited in terms of quantity), probably increasing the value of parameter MaxReaderThreadCount on the NetWeaver resource adapter.

I'm wandering which are the cases where it is suitable to follow the first approach.

I'm thinking only if we have different SOURCE system...

What do you think?

many thanks

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say recommended approach would be -

For each source system ECC -  one Distribution model with multiple message types  -->  1 MII Message listener (IDOC) --> Message processing rule for each message type.

Thanks

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depend on your data load you need to create processing rule.

There are two different way you can use the rule;

1. Using transaction --> this is realtime

2. Using Category --> You need a schedule job for that

If you use the option 1, then you need to know that the Message get processed as 1st in 1st out. So if you are getting lots of iDoc messagei in MII then you know that some of your iDocs will be processed only the messages came before are procesed.

If you use option 2, then you can process all different messages in parallel.

Regards,

Creativeweblogo

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

There is a configuration guide in the MII wiki which covers most of these questions and some common errors as well.  If you have trouble finding it (I don't have a link handy), ping me and I will point you to it.  However, Hari is correct on both his comments.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you mean

"How to send an IDOC from SAP ECC to the SAP MII..."

it is absolutely excellent and useful, I already studied and used it for implemantation.

I just wanted to point out that the usage of a new IDOC Listener in (from NW/MII prospective) has to take place only if we are linking our system to a new external one and not simply to have another "info flow"

thank you

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood.  Yes, you are correct about "usage of a new IDOC Listener"