SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCES: customer text

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all, i'm working on UCES. i want to add a tooltip for my own button. But i don't know, how and where can i add the key and text. Normally the key and text should be added in someone properties file. Thanks.

regards, fanglin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are various ways

1) Create within the Java project part your own resource file <yourname>.xlf & then open the file. NWDS should bring up a special resource editor UI.

2) Add your key = text value pairs  (either define your own, or use a existing key to overwrite existing values)

3) Save it.

4) Go to the war project part and locate the webbase-config.xml file within the WEB-INF

5) In the add you will find a secton of file paths, which do point to all various used resource file. Add yours by adding your own <resource> entry to the very end of the list (not before!!!). If you put it to the end, then you will overwrite automatically all text definitions from SAP, which are using the same name.. so you do not have to touch any SAPs resources directly.

Build your ear project and the text should have changed, or the new added text key will become available to your frontend rendering process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are various ways

1) Create within the Java project part your own resource file <yourname>.xlf & then open the file. NWDS should bring up a special resource editor UI.

2) Add your key = text value pairs  (either define your own, or use a existing key to overwrite existing values)

3) Save it.

4) Go to the war project part and locate the webbase-config.xml file within the WEB-INF

5) In the add you will find a secton of file paths, which do point to all various used resource file. Add yours by adding your own <resource> entry to the very end of the list (not before!!!). If you put it to the end, then you will overwrite automatically all text definitions from SAP, which are using the same name.. so you do not have to touch any SAPs resources directly.

Build your ear project and the text should have changed, or the new added text key will become available to your frontend rendering process.

0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

thx for your tip. It works.

regards, Fanglin