cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration - Is there a way to find a configured variant using characteristics?

0 Kudos

I am at a client where we might have the need to find a variant configured in a previously placed order using characteristics.

The business scenario might be that the customer calls in but, does not have the previous order number on which the variant was ordered.

However, the customer can describe the product's attributes.

Is there a way to find the variant configuration number (associated with the line item in VBAP) or the order number using the attributes?

Also, once a configuration is created, where is the association of the variant number (VBAP-CUOBJ) with the characterisitics? What is the table(s)?

Appreciate your response!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh Bhagwatkar ,

As such I am not so experience but upto my knowledge search the order based on sold to party in t-code VA05 on date basis range .If you are able to find that particular order for that sold to party then double click on that order select that item for which variant is created then click on item configuration. 

Regards

john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

In Cl30n T code

Enter Class and Class type and Click on Enter .

Click on Find in Intial Class , it will display a list of all object on the bottom of the screen.

Object will display both contract or sale order number with line item  number. with characteristics,

if characteristics are not displayed , change the layout , it will display all characteristics.

If the sale order doesn't exist it imples no sales order or contract created with variant.

Let me know if this solved your issue

Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Thanks, John!

That would help, but, it will probably be very tedious if the customer has hundreds of orders.

But, appreciate your reply to my question!

0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Thanks a lot!

I think this would solve my issue.

I will check it out and give you an update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could get a developer to write an ABAP program that gets the customer and finds the open sales order and passes this data into FM VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION which gets the configuration data for you.

Regards

Waza

0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

Thanks for replying!

Actually the scenario is that the past order is most probably not open.

This is a reorder scenario.

So, the customer might have hundreds of past orders that are closed.

Appreciate your reply, though!

Paresh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

That helped a lot!

Thanks for your reply!

Paresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

So, as you would also expect, this search would probably not be very exact since it would be based on the customer's memory of the attributes of the product they ordered. (Yes, one could narrow down the search by adding an additional filter on the customer number.)

Configuration data is stored in a set of tables called Cbase. You can see consolidated Cbase data for a configuration using transaction CUTABLEINFO. You can execute this report by giving the CUOBJ number (and also several other fields like even the sales document number). As you would notice under 'Displayed tables' in CUTABLEINFO, the various configuration table names are also displayed.

You can check function modules CUXI_GET_SINGLE_CONFIGURATION or CUXI_GET_MULTI_CONFIGURATION (and also CUCB_GET_CONFIGURATION) for getting the configuration. Their tables parameter E_TAB_VALUES will contain the characterstic values.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I will check into it today and let you know.

I think this is extremely helpful.

Paresh

0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

I cannot seem to get the CUXI_GET_MULTI_CONFIGURATION to work.

Can we communicate directly?

I will send you screen shots of what I am doing.

Paresh

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

(Sorry for getting your name wrong in my previous response.)

Look like you've got your query answered. Nevertheless, I just tried executing  CUXI_GET_MULTI_CONFIGURATION and was able to get the result. Probably you did not specify a value for POSEX in the I_TAB_ROOT_INSTANCES import parameter.

If you want to communicate directly (though I have a feeling we are in different time zones; IST for me), do send me a direct message.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi