cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occured when openning db connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed an SAP Hana System(HANA 1.0 SPS5) with an SAP LT Replication server(DMIS 2011 SP2-3) and SAP source system(DMIS 2011 SP1-3).

The system hosting the SAP LT Replication Server is an SAP system with SAP NetWeaver 7.02 (Basis Support Package 11) ABAP stack using SAP Kernel 7.20 EXT(64BIT Unicode) and  patch level is 400.

we have successfully connected SAP LT Replication server and SAP source system through RFC.But whenever we create a new configuration schema for connecting SAP Hana System and SAP LT Replication server: the dynpro dialog raises an error:

Error occurred when opening db connection

Verification of Schema failed due to connection issues

The RFC destinations working fine.

Please help us on this.Thanks in advance.

FYR:You can download SAP Hana installation guide from the SAP Service Marketplace at the Internet address:

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000604912011 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brother.. 

You did all things are correct !!!  But you forgot a most important thing...

If you look at error message. SAP Basis Kenerl Could not load "dbhdbslib.dll"...  What this error message told you?

Answer is : 

1) You told me that you have install HANA Client and DBSL...

2) But System told you it could not load DBSL(hana lib..xxx)  

You have to add "HANA Client Instllation Path" in your OS Environment Variable(SLT based), reference your OS environment below. 

     AIX                 LIBPATH

     HP-UX           SHLIB_PATH

     Linux              LD_LIBRARY_PATH

     Solaris           LD_LIBRARY_PATH

     Windows        PATH

If your SLT was intalled Windows platformm, just add "installation path of hana client" into this "PATH", and then restart OS and SLT Server.

once you have done this step... i promised that you can go ahead... create a schema and do SLT data replication work.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bro ,

we have followed the steps you advised above but still we are not able to create the new configuration and getting the same error as specified above.please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keerthan,

hopefully you already solved your problem. If not, I have possibly the solution as I had the same problems like you.

What I did is to copy file libSQLDBCHDB.so to path /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMSG00/exe on the source ERP System as this file was missing there. Further I set environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/sap/<SID>/hdbclient once again.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice weekend,

Norman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your response. But in my case the problem is solved after upgrading the kernel from 720 ext level 400 to 721 level 40.

Thanx,

Keerthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had the same issue and was able to resolve by copying the hdbclient tools in to exe directory.

Thanks

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Norman,

My problem was also solved by your method. Many thanks!

In spite of the existing libSQLDBCHDB.so with permission 777 in dir /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/exe/dbhdbslib.so, I copied it from /usr/sap/hdbclient/. Then the exactly-the-same problem was solved 

Best Regards,

Eachann

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Norman.

Your solution fixed my issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i knew this problem. before you create a schema via Trascation Code "LTR".  Please make sure:  1) HANA Client is installed in SLT server.  2) Basis Kenerl is installed in SLT server.  Once you have done both condition, you can try to create HANA DB connection in SLT server via follwing way. 1) RUN DBCO, and filled in connection information. 2) Test this connection via SE38(Report Name: ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION)   If all these condition are ok, you can do your job in LTR webdynpro and start data replication work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed HANA DBSL and  HANA client as well and tried creating the configuration again but it showed the same error.

I ran the report ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION and it showed the following error.

Loading DB library 'E:\usr\sap\HLT\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbhdbslib.dll' ...

*** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - LoadLibrary("E:\usr\sap\HLT\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbhdbslib.dll")

Error 193 = "E:\usr\sap\HLT\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbhdbslib.dll is not a valid Win32 application." [dlnt.c       255]

{root-id=4487FCA5D1FB1ED299BECA4E635FA381}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

*** ERROR => Couldn't load library 'E:\usr\sap\HLT\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbhdbslib.dll'

[dbcon.c      5767]

please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthan,

Have  you tried to check the compatibilty of the various components that you have installed, as mentioned in the SAP installation guide ?

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

I have installed DMIS - Release (2011_1_700) - Level (3) to the system hosting Replication Server and DMIS - Release (2011_1_730) - level (3) to the Source system which is a BW system. The HANA version is HANA 1.0 SPS5. According to the document, they are compatible with each other.