Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross component usage in NWDI

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi experts ,

in NWDS 7.0 , assume two DCs named DC A and DC B are developed , here on expanding DC MetaData of DC A , we get DC Definition and again on expanding DC Definition we have Used DCs and on right click of that , we can select the desired dc that need to be added into this from my Components and add the desired one , but the same is not happening in NWDI , on right click of the used dcs ,no pop up is prompted for adding a child dc , how to solve this ......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you are talking....

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jun Wu

Im Using NWDI 7.0.14, in that i have a DC named CustRpt , now i want to have access to the methods and data available in another DC that is like Utils dc, so for that in the used dc part CustRpt , we have to add Utils Dc , then later we can add the interface component of that utils dc and access the methods ..

Ill make more clear , on creating a New DC , and on expanding you have four parts

1.DC metaData

2.webdynpro

3.Dictionaries

4.Src

now expand DC metaData

in that again you have two Parts

1.1 DC Definition

1.2 Public Parts

now again Expand DC Definition

in that you have Used DC part

So here on Right Click of UsedDc , and on clicking Add DC, A Pop Up named ADD Dependency  will come showing the list of available dcs , you can select and add that .

but here for CustRpt on right click of Used DC , im not getting the Pop Up --Add Dependency

and error is getting logged in the error log as shown below

Error Fri Feb 01 09:48:28 IST 2013 Feb 1, 2013 9:48:28 AM 

com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcmetadata... [Thread[main,5,main]] Error: No team provider found for the project.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from the screenshot, the popup is there.....

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

for understanding purpose i have shown that pop up coming for another DC .......