Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Determination - Problem

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In my system the output type is maintained as ZD05.

In NACE the config for the ZD05  and the condition record is as shown in the following screen shot

And for the L2 (Debit memo) the communication is

And same setting is for G2 (Credit note) and G2 is also maintained with the same condition type ZD05.

Now my question is: When I try to take a output preview for Credit note it is I can see but in case of debit memo I cant, WHY...

The status indicators in both the case is green

the output analysis I tried, which says, No log exists for both of them.

Where is the problem??

Can any one suggest me how to resolve this issue?

Kind Regards,

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mgbernardo
Participant

Hi Sridhar,

Could be the "Medium" assigned to the output message? Please check it

Or, maybe, some validations into the print program assigned.

Regards

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I think I should check this screen shot, but may I ask you the tcode or path for this?

Regards,

Sridhar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar

The above screenshot is of Output overview in Billing.

VF02 - Header(if header output type) - Output or VF03 - Header - Output.

Try to output preview, by following:

VF02/VF03 - Provide your billing doc number - choose Billing Document option from menubar - Select Issue Output to - Select your output type - Click on print preview button (Ctrl+Shift+F1)

Or

Use Tcode VF31, Provide output type, Processing mode as 2 & Billing document. And execute.

Select the billing doc and click on Click on print preview button (Shift+F4)

Regards, JP

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I tried as you asked and please review the Screen shots:

I am unable to see the print preview. Nothing is coming in print preview. and there is no log either.

Regards,

Sridhar

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo and JP

Could you please look into the screen shots which I have just placed, and let me know your thoughts on it?

Regards,

Sridhar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sri,

Please consult with your ABAPer as say Output is not coming in required transaction with relevant output type .I think ,may be they can help you  .

Note :If you dont mind ,can you check in Table Level ,Data has saved or not in NAST and TNAPR .

Thanks,

Naren

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I checked in TNAPR, and can see the ZD05 entries and there associated programme in it. However in NAST, what do you want me to look for, can you be bit specific please ?

Regards,

Sridhar

mgbernardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey!

Seems like the "Medium" is OK. You are using "1" which is "Print Output" with LOCL device.

If you try preview from VF03, what do you get?:

Also, check the close_form function module into the print program. You can set a breakpoint at that function to see if there are any errors or even the print process manages to get there or not.

That strange behaviour, I'd bet is something to do with the print program. You are using a "Z" print program, aren't you?

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very strange that output is processed yet no log exists. There must be a custom output program, standard ones always update the log. Sometimes when print preview doesn't work it may also be an error in the form (it doesn't always show the error, sometimes there is just no message). But in this case it's most likely the program itself.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Yes, I and all were suspecting the programme, We have changed the print programme and working fine.

Thanks to all for the participation. Closing the thread.

Regards,

Sridhar

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Check if there is any restriction built in the print program so that it works only for credit memo. Check if any document category restrictions are there in that program as I see only that could be the difference for the given settings.

Regards

Vasanth