SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking Documents in SAP ISU FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Actually my requirement is manual posing through FPE1 should be should not be posted until the appropriate authority will permit this entry.

we have a different cell for making entry and to validate this entry particular authority will check whether this entry should be post in to the account or not.

so the top authority doesn't want to make entry like enter CA number,Main Sub Transaction and amount ect.

so please suggest me this requirement can be meet through standard functionality of SAP ISU if not how to achieve this?  

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Going thru your post, I think that you have a two step process for posting documents in to SAP through FPE1.

Though there is no parking documents functionality (as in R/3) in Industry Solutions, however, your solution can be met by triggerring a workflow.

In Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable, you can subject postings, reversals, and installment plans to a check and release in a workflow according to the multiple control principle.

If you check these activities in a workflow, the system automatically saves a check reason in the document affected by the check. The check reason is set by function modules that are called in the events 5500 (posting), 5502 (reversal), 5504 (document change) and 5506 (installment plan).

The check reasons are defined in the following SPRO Config-

IMG->Financial Accounting (New)->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Postings and Documents->Workflows for Checks and Authorizations->Define Check Reasons

Event 5500 is triggerred to decide whether the document being posted has to be confirmed.

If a workflow is to be started for confirmation, you have to return the reason for the required confirmation in parameter E_C4EYE.

Hope it helps in catering your requirement.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I am also looking for this solution for write-off, but have confusion about the function module at 5512 event. I want to trigger workflow for W/O amount > $1000, so are you saying that, the FM will be modified(sample FM is blank) to check the amount and if it is greater than export the check reason?

If it will do only this, then how the workflow will be triggered? or we need to trigger it in the same FM at 5512.

I want to trigger workflow in both mass and manual write-off.