cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy controls assignment no and reference no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

Plz let me one small difference between Reference no in VTFL And in billing document Vofa

i know in copy control reference no tells here if maintain suppose sales order , the particular sales order no will flow in accounting document

Dear here i have read with f1 in assignment no field but i am not much understand about Assignment no i am confused to understand between Assignment no and refernce no in vtfl Finally at billing level vofa

i am very thankful to you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu

In VOFA, Reference number & Assignment Number is for passing info to accounting doc for Cancellation Invoice / Cancellation Billing Type.

Whereas, Reference number & Assignment Number in copying control either for VTFF/VTFA/VTFL, that for passing those info to Accounting Doc.

Regards, JP

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Reference number & Assignment Number in copying control either for VTFF/VTFA/VTFL, that for passing those info to Accounting Doc.

May I know ,what Info will be passed to Accounting ?

Thanks,

Naren

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naren,

Check the 2nd screenshot provided by Venu, where it talks about PO No, Sales Order No... etc.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jp sir very thank you so much for giving clarify me

but i only one doubt Reference no and assignment no , both are useful   for for passing those info to Accounting Doc. ?

i mean how both are same purpose ...plz tell me

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venu

check the the t code FBL5N here enter customer code and execute here reference assignment field you can find,  this two field main purpose  g/l accounting posting level its use full,

check the below screen

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 1st screenshot shared by you, says it all. Generally, these number are a additional info forwarded from SD and FI. Usually, it may differ from business to business. 

Say, for normal sales invoice, you might like have
Assignment Number-E: Actual billing document number
Reference number-C: Delivery number

Similarly, for intercompany related invoice, it could be:
Assignment Number-C: Delivery number
Reference number-A: Purchase order number

I hope that would help.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear siva

Please tell me one thing , in above post given by you , it tells both are same purpose i mean to posting in to gl account

any differnce is there between them .. Refernce no and ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT NO

IF IT BASIC QUESTION PLZ FORIGVE ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

Through copy control VTFL transaction we would like to pass value to the accounting document field "Sales Document - BSEG-VBEL2" and "Billing Doc. - BSEG-BSEG-VBELN"

Can you put some light how to achieve it.

Thanks,

FYC

<Email address removed by Moderator>

Answers (0)