cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap Creator for Maxdb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Netapp Snap creator tool certified by SAP for usage. I did a search on marketplace and did not get information.Does the tool support point in time recovery or does it have a theory of its own on point in time in snapshot terms. Has any one used this tool in their landscape before to do point in time recovery. Can you lend me your views/experiences.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please review the SAP note 912905

and the document:

http://media.netapp.com/documents/tr-3689.pdf

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also looking into refreshing our MaxDB backup infrastructure under SuSE Linux., MaxDB 7.7 and 7.8 and Netapp NFS managed by Fujitsu's "FlexFrame for SAP" and NDMP currently with Legato Networker.

Netapp SnapCreator involves some scripts and in version 3.5/3.6 contains a Netapp supported MaxDB Plug-In. Will try it out next week if I can.

Not sure whether SAP would certify single components of backup solutions,

they might just stop at certifying Netapp NFS and any possible BACKINT interface.

In addition to SnapCreator which might help us synchronizing Netapp snapshots of different volumes belonging to one MaxDB we are thinking about using the MaxDB 7.8 feature

"dbmcli backup_template_create <name> TO EXTERNAL SNAPSHOT"

to make the NDMP Netapp volume backups visible in MaxDB tools.

Would that make sense ?

Can hardly find any documentation about this feature though, could not even find the documentation of this dbmcli parameter in the MaxDB 7.8 online help.

Kind Regards,Norbert

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be supported by SAP. Check SAP note 371247.

Thanks

Sunny