Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery group at 3 levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

i have one small doubt Please clarify me , thanks a lot in advance

We can control Delivery Group At 3 levels

1. first one in customer master --- sales area data ---shipping tab we can control whether the particular document will be delivered Partially or fully at a time

2. second one is in VA01 in item level ---shipping tab ----One feiled is there with name just D  iT Means this is also delivery group here also we can control partially or fully delivery

3. last one is in vov7 delivery group is there  .. this is mainly useful in case bill of material ,i know this and this is useful For common documents also

so dear plz let me know above given FIRST AND SECOND any difference is there 

Thanks a lot , i never forget your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

I did not get the field name in Sales Order - Item's Shipping Tab. However as per my understanding, the first two defines the level of priority given to delivery made to customers. This is based on Delivery Priority field in Customer Master (Sales Area - Shipping Tab).

The way I have seen this been used is, business uses Delivery Due list to plan deliveries with batch jobs. Now when they setup parameters (Variants) for Delivery Due list, they choose to make deliveries and material allocation (ATP) based on delivery priority , shipping condition etc.

In addition to priorities, there are certain customers who would accept partial deliveries and some who does not. And not to forget, there are certain regions with law stating only complete deliveries (unfortunately do know such regions - my limited knowledge). In such cases, business would setup data in Partial Delivery section for Customer Master.

About VA01 field for deliveries, I understand the data is nothing but same pulled from the Ship to Parties customer master delivery priority and partial deliveries allowed screen.

The Delivery Group in VOV7 is specifically used for item categories of BoM Materials. The purpose being, if the BoM is being sold, all the components should be delivered in one delivery (business requirement for some companies). If one of the BoM components is not available in stock, system would not let the Delivery to create even if the user creates delivery on delivery date. Below is a snippet with similar situation where one of the BoM component was not in stock on delivery date.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards

Vikram

Answers (0)