cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot get the data provider outline

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to create a analytical view in SAP HANA with the help of following guide.

https://images.experiencesaphana.com/modeling-data/working-hana-modeller/creating-analytic-views/

I could not open data preview and received following error

SAP DBTech JDBC: [391] (at 119): invalidated view

After searching on SDN, I found following solution at http://scn.sap.com/thread/2043153

grant select on schema <SCHEMA> to SYSREPO with grant option;

grant select on schema <SCHEMA> to <USER>;

I successfully executed first statement but kept failing to execute second one. I was getting error. After reading the error message and SAP note I realized that I was logged in as SYSTEM so I do not have to execute second statement. I only needed this if I am allowing other users.

Silly, but I learnt something new.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing same issue while previewing data from decision table.

working on fallowing link below:

Everything done as prescribed in the blog. and executed below statement too . But no use.

grant select on schema <SCHEMA> to SYSREPO with grant option;

0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

Do one thing for testing purpose just create sample Attribute view  run it then see  the view is activated or not  if not ur getting same error the u have to go for administrator or u have to give the analytic privileges under add ur package where ur create views

Regards

V@li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i can create a attribute view and preview the data. but in analytical view don't have permissions.

i'm wondering in HANA cloud platform why don't have an administrative rights?  now since i'm a user how can i assign privileges which i don't have.

how to give permissions to my user id to have other privileges where i can create schema, create tables, load data etc.

in short how to assign rights for a user ( who doesn't have rights to assign) in Cloud platform.

any configuration to setup?

Regards,

-Varaprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

any solutions please ..

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

There some mandatory input parameters and you not passing the values to it when you execute Data Preview option.

Sreehari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

There is no mandatory variable at all , I jus added the variable and selected a appropriate column and after activation , wanted to see the data preview and it says

Cannot get the data provider outline 1

Regards,

Akhilesh

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is my below understanding correct?

1) The view is activated properly without any errors

2) The Data preview is not giving any option to you to enter the value to a variable

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , the view is activated properly and the when I click the data preview it pops up the error mentioned above .

Regards,

Akhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

In order to troubleshoot this you will need to do following:

> confirm if you are using variable or input parameter. Also, please note input parameter is always mandatory. if it is blank then no data will appear.

> provide us screenshot of variable that you have created. this will tell us if you are picking up values from same analytic view or not. If no values matches the attribute's value (that you are applying filter on) then there will not data.

Regards

Angad

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add to the discussion, I was getting this issue on a calculation view that was perfectly working, then decided not to work any more with issue "invalidated view", despite input parameters mandatory and defaults set.

To resolve I had to delete input parameters, activate, recreate input parameters (pah, weird).

former_member755530
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh, were you able to resolve this issue? I am getting exactly the same error. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I faced the same problem. I did see the required privilege already assigned to _SYS_REPO from the GUI. To make it work, I re-executed the grant SQL. Magically, it started working.

grant select on schema <Schema_Name> to _SYS_REPO  with grant option;

An option that I could have probably considered troubleshooting this would have been to run a SQL and check what privileges does _SYS_REPO have on my desired schema.

select  * from sys.granted_privileges  where grantee = '_SYS_REPO' and schema_name = <Schema_Name>;

Thanks,

Prabhu DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jennifer,

I had got the same problem.  But I solved it. I will try to show you, what I did

Training is the Package, where you have created  you attribute View .

I think, that my Answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi am facing the same issue as Akhilesh's, has the issue been resolved ?

Please help resolving the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

please can you see above my  post from 02.05.2014.

I have explained, how can you solve that problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me know, if you solve your Pb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I did try with the steps you have provided, but again it says grantor and grantee are same...

Also I have executed the following statement

grant select on schema <Schema_Name> to _SYS_REPO  with grant option;

but no luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

which system did you select ?  please select the Inforea, where you created your View. in my case my Infoarea ist Training. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with schema first and then with the package which has my views created, it throws error saying

SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: grantor and grantee are identical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Shankar,

please you have to check again  your View.  please check the measures.

I find this for you, maybe it can help you

1. The issue has been identified and tracked under Technical Escalation ID 5000441334
  2. This issue is being tracked under Problem Report ADAPT01655818
  3. The error message is a warring not a bug.
  4. Must have a dimension and measure object to create a report if the report is coming from Analytical Views universe.
  5. Per the HANA documentation, when you query Analytical Views a group by or a select distinct statement is required. The Show Tables Value command sends instead a plain Select statement with no groupings.
  6. To get the GROUP BY, Create a query with Measure and Dimension.
  7. BO will generate the Group by and able to run the report without the error message.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric

I will go through it and get back !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh

Was this issue resolved? If so please let me know steps to resolve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

The issue got resolved. The hana studio  version that I was facing this issue was

Version: 1.0.60. I have upgraded my studio to Version: 1.0.7300 and its resolved

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I am very Happy for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have similar issue , i'm using HANA cloud platform and Eclipse to create information views.

for Analytical view, i'm able to validate and activate successfully but data preview is where it throws the error :

i have done this :

grant select on schema <Schema_Name> to _SYS_REPO  with grant option;--this executes

grant select on schema <schema_name> to <user_name>; below error

SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: grantor and grantee are identical

please let me know the steps to be followed .

Regards,

-Prasad

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

Do you still have the issue ?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

No, the issue was resolved after I issued the first statement.

Cheers

Angad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angad/Ravindra

Im getting the similar issue mentioned here , but only when adding an variable or an input parameter to a Analytic view , kindly help me on this .

Regards,

Akhilesh

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

Are you submitting the value to the Variable? And then you are getting that issue?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu