cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No billing documents were generated. See log

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created  Credit Memo Request in VA01 but for that Request No I m creating Credit Memo in VF01 its giving error

No billing documents were generated. See log

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the issue is resolved then please close the thread

Thanks

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

solved

thanx to all of U..

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankita,

Could you please explain how you solved this issue? (in other words, what was the cause of the issue?)

Was it that while trying to create a billing document (in VF01), the billing block was not yet removed?

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

yes the issue was not removed the billing block and have to remove in TC V.23 each time after creating Cr Memo Req in VA01 .

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankita,

Thanks for your reply!

Please note the option of having a billing block in a process (e.g. credit process / debit process / return process) is a matter of choice.

If having a billing block does not add any value, this can be removed from the process.

The block configuration is done either at Sales document type level (t-code VOV8) or at item category level (t-code VOV7).

Note: In business transaction level, I think you are aware that the billing block could be removed in t-code VA02 too (depending upon authorization settings).

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankita

Have you removed billing block in credit memo request?

Check Item Category is relevant for billing?

Check copy control is set for this item category and document types?

Credit memo request should not be open in VA02 (should not be locked for changes).

These are the common reasons for this message. Check all these settings and if still the issue is there then paste screen shot of Log as shown by JP.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you paste the screen shot of document flow for that credit memo request ?  Also have you checked the item category flowing in credit memo request which should have been relevant for billing.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Could you please explain the reason for looking at the document flow w.r.t. this issue?

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

thanx to all of U for reply.

I need to add something in  my question its giving a message' No billing documents were generated. See log'

which has symbol of success with  green color and when I double click on it ,its giving only Messg No .also when I see for it in TCode SM21 ,it does not show it.

and before posting I searched google but din't get satisfactory answer ,all answer are for billing doc no on the basis of outbound delivery are mentioned there.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankita,

When you get this eror in VF01.

To see log, you need to follow steps:

1. Goto Edit option in menu bar

2. Then choose option Log (shift+F1)

3. Expand all error log to get Technical data.

There you will get your error number in

* Message Identification

* System Message Number

Combine both to get the error number for the log.

Regards, JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankita,

Rightly, suggested by Lohyh.

There can be many reasons for which you can have error log while creating billing doc with referenec.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankita,

Did you hit Google by giving the same error. I just did and see how many results i've got. Would suggest you to search 1st before posting such basic queries since this has been discussed many times on SCN. Rgds.