cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use E-Mail address for login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our primary Sourcing support team is excited for the new "Use E-Mail address for login" functionality (we are upgrading from version 5.1 to 9.0).

Apparently a lot of suppliers lose/forget their usernames, and enabling this functionality will greatly reduce support calls.

I have been looking for a way to automatically check the "Use E-Mail address for login" box for every supplier contact in our system.

I've looked at the ContactModification classes in the IAPI documentation, thinking I could write an Explicity Called script, but there doesn't appear to be any methods to set this field.  And I've looked at the Deployment Workbooks to see if I could set the field by exporting, editing, and re-importing all supplier contacts, but I don't see the field listed in the workbook.

Is there any other way to go about checking the "Use E-Mail address for login" box, except for manually editing every single supplier contact?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Try adding EMAIL_AS_LOGIN_ID as a new column to the user account import csv file and set the value to TRUE.

How is the directory configuration setup for authentication? Note, “Use E-Mail address for login” checkbox is not applicable if you are using NW UME.

I would also take a look at this post for some additional info on this field: http://scn.sap.com/message/13536007#13536007

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried adding EMAIL_AS_LOGIN_ID as a new column per your suggestion (and Rosemary recommended the same too), but it unfortunately did not work.  Just to be sure I had my Vendor and Contact IDs correct, I attempted to update the contact name using the same import process, and was able to do so, so I at least ruled out the possiblility that I had provided incorrect keys.

We are running in a hosted environment, so I don't know what is the exact technical name for the user management in our directory configuration (OpenLDAP Directory?), but I am able to successfully check the "Use E-Mail address for login" checkbox and login as such, so I do know it works.

So I'm guessing it's not possible. But I'm hoping that such functionality will be included in a future release.

Thanks,

Matt