cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create & run a WebService in ECC5.0 which has only ABAP stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a ECC 5.0 (WAS 640) system with only ABAP stack. We now created a BAPI function and then coverted that to a Webservice in se37 and also we can see the url in the wsadmin tcode.

Also I have see the wsdl url like

http://10.0.3.20:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/ZGetCustomerKPI?sap-client=100&wsdl=1.1&style=rpc

My question since we don't have Java Stack in our ECC system can we run the webservice in the same system and also if we call the wsdl file in a jsp page, can we retreive the data.

Regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is good to go thru these tutorials as mentioned here.

But, to answer your question, YES, you can create webservice in ECC 5 abap stack .

You need to create proxy code from another abap stack and test it, or go through J2ee proxy for webservice and test it.

I had done the former, calling ECC 5, abap stack webservice from ECC6 abap stack proxy .

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since you don thave j2ee stach you cannot test it completely .

( i would suggest you to go thru this excellent weblog by Thomas Jung on this subject - <a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap">consuming webservice from abap</a> and <a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices">creating webservice in abap</a> )

but you can use some third party tools avaiable on internet to test your webservice.

from jsp if you want to consume this webservice, from the wsdl (the url you posted) the jsp need to generate a client proxy which your jsp can call to consume this webservice

Regards

Raja