cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Implementation approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help with the IDM Implemenatation appraoch. We have ERP/BI/SRM/PI/NWCE systems in the landscape. In ERP we only maintain user in SU01 and attach this user in the Org Structure.Apart from this there is no other HR related operation carried out. We would like to use the ERP system as a leading system. How would you implement this and what would be the trigger point.

Secondly, I am unable to see how the user provisioning works after the Business Roles have been defined in the Identity Center. Reading documents, I can see that SAP has provided "Provisioning framework" where there are Web Enabled tasks. I was able to select users from the Self Service screen and executre these Web Enabled tasks. I could see the job being run internally which would apply these changes to the backend systems. I believe this would be used in BAU phase when users needs roles to be either assigned or removed. How about when a new user joins ? Would this logic be embedded in the Order Group tasks to check his position and then accordingly assign a defined role for that position ?

Please assist.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gandalf,

in terms of the provisioning framework see this link which details how it works in detail http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4343 . Once you have assigned privileges to a role and the role is assigned the core provisioning task kicks off the assignments. Assignment can be done either via the UI or a job for example.

In terms of a leading system you need to determine which attributes you will read in. The initial load job reads all user data and you can configure what is imported in this from each connected system. It maybe a good idea to have a staging area Identity store where you can clean data before importing this to the main identity store that you will use.

Hope it helps.

Chris