cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SOLMAN_SETUP Managed System Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I've been running this issue for a long time, but know I really need it solved.

I have a Technical Scenario for our PI system, which is called XP1.  It's a dual stack system.

When we run the Managed System Configuration, it comes with the following error message:

The definition of Technical System XP1~JAVA is not correct: "XP1~JAVA": Operating System "AIX~7.1" of Host "xvr62" must have at least one Software Component Version.
Action
Go to the Technical System Editor to fix the issue.
Check Context
Managed systems definition | Managed System Definition Status | SYSTEM =XP1~JAVA

The problem is: We have triple-checked the Technical System, and it DOES have the Softwares Component Version, and everything is correct.

It seems to be a bug.  Has any of you ran int something like this?

Thanks in Advance, and points will be rewarded for your help.

Aylton Cianni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, David, Nicholas and Samik!

The issue was solved.

I de-installed SMD Agent (SMD 7.3 SP0) and installed it again, in a newer version (SMD 7.3 SP2) with a new SID and System Number (to be sure it would be a new connection to Solution Manager).

After that I connected it again to my instance and after some minutes it could get the Software Version for my AIX system.

Thank you all for the helpful posts.

Best Regards,

Aylton Cianni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aylton,

Have you checked the host details in LMDB ? It is saying the host xvr62 should have software components assigned. If you have it assigned, please paste the screenshot ?

What is the hostagent version. Try to upgrade your hostagent version. For me, this resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Samik

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree with Samik, normally update saphostagent to latest version will solve this problem. In LMDB -> host editor to ensure your OS version, hostname, FQDN is fetch correctly.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samir and thanks for your answer!

The host has no components in LMDB, but I can't assign it manualy as you may know.

Our saphostagent is the latest (SAPHOSTAGENT132_132-20005725)... Just updated it yesterday again and the issue is not solved yet.

If you have any other clues, I'd be very thankful!

Cheers,

Aylton Cianni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas and thanks for your answer!

Our saphostagent is the latest (SAPHOSTAGENT132_132-20005725)...

The information about OS Version, hostname and FQDN is all correct.

If you have any other clues, I'd be very thankful!

Cheers,

Aylton Cianni

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to host editor and ensure hostname type is populated correctly and FQDN is filled:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, it really is... Weird, isn't it?

The only thing I don't have is the Component Version, but really don't know how to get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know it's not the answer you might want to hear, but it has worked for me in the past.

Turn off the SLD job in RZ70 and/or NWA

Remove all information to this system,  so host, database, system etc. from SLD

Next remove them from LMDB

Check SMSY for synchronization

Next, trigger the job again

Check SLD entry

Check LMDB entry.

Hope it works for you

Regards,

David