cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory datasources clarificaiton in SAP BI/BW ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to implement the Inventory data flow ( standard) and are following LSA architecture as a basic guide line in our project. As per LSA we need to use DSO's as staging layer to capture the data from the PSA...now ....as per the SAP standard inventory data flow....we are not using DSO's in between the Inventory Datasources...2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_BX & 2LIS_03_UM. to the infocube 0IC_C03.....my question is, can we use DSO's for staging for the inventory datasources, if yes, how should I design the key's for the DSO's, should I just take material doc number and mat doc item no......or we are not suppose to use DSO's for inventory datasources as it will change the granularity of the data.

Please advise what will be the key for all the above mentioned datasources, and what kind of DSO's do we need to use....write optimized or standard DSO's.....etc. Hope my question is clear. Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

DR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use- Go with Snapshot  Scenario.

Standard DSO Key fields:

0CALMONTH

0DOC_DATE

0INDSPECSTK

0MATERIAL

0PLANT

0STOR_LOC

0BATCH

0STOCKTYPE

0STOCKCAT

Above doc provides you clear project details.

Regards.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As per the link given by Anshu below. The below points say that we are not suppose to use DSO's for BX and we need enhancement of the datasources to use DSO's for BF & UM. Your comments please as you are a BW Inventory SME. Can you please suggest.

4. Data staging with DSO for BX extractor is not allowed. Data should directly load from extractor to Cube only once. Choose the extraction mode as ‘Initial Non-cumulative for Non-cumulative values’ in the DTP.

5. DSO is possible for BF. If you are creating a standard DSO then choose the fields MJAHR,BWCOUNTER,MBLNR,ZEILE as key fields. Some of these fields won’t be available in the standard data source but the data source can be enhanced using LO Cockpit (LBWE) to add these fields. In addition to these other fields depending upon the DSO structure is also possible. Note 417703 gives more info on this.

6. Point-5 is valid for UM also. The Key fields could be a combination of MJAHR,MBLNR,ZEILE,BUKRS fields. Note 581778

Thanks,

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Initialization

2LIS_03_BX compress with Marker Update (No Tick)

BX data need to load  directly 0IC_C03 to capture marker update. So that These BX records will have 0RECORDTP - 1 and date with 99991231.

- Regarding enhancement you will find all Fields available in Extract structure of BF.

But in case of UM datasource it may required to drag fields(  MBLNR  Material Doc., MJAHR  Mat. Doc. Year .... ) from Comm structure to Extract structure.

Regards.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting an error while loading the IP for 2LIS_03_BF DS, RSA3 works properly. I have done LBWG, Filled the setup tables...and ran the IP, i have selected init with data transfer......and its ending in RED. Any suggestions.

THanks,

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the error message ?

Have you done any enhancement for that datasource.

The error might be because of junk data.

Regards,

AL

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ray,

pls share with error log, that would better to suggest.

pls better to open new thread.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos