cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[XI 3.1] Error on refreshing reports using Row Level Security in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am testing with row level security in a universe, but I run into an error I cannot explain or remove. Upon refreshing a document that has row level security, BO gives me the following message:
"The document cannot be created or opened. The error code is: ACCESS DENIED."

When running a report without row level security all is ok.

The RLS is connected to 6 tables, and the SQL query checks if a user is present in a table, then (if so) ties the table to the rest of the given results to filter them. Example:

exists
( select * from  t_dim_profit_centre pc,
dls.t_sec_dls_group_profit_centre dlsu_pc, dls.t_sec_dls_users dlsu  where
pc.dim_profit_centre_key = dlsu_pc.dim_profit_centre_key and dlsu.group_id=dlsu_pc.group_id
and  dlsu.user_name=system_user and
a_fct_bs_pnl.dim_profit_centre_key=pc.dim_profit_centre_key )

Now, after clicking OK on the error message and doing another refresh of the same document, the user gets the requested(and correctly restricted) information anyway.

We are running BO XI 3.1 SP5, Java 1.6, IE9, Tomcat 6, Windows Server 2008 and SQL2008R2.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Thx for your help

Regards from The
Netherlands,
Richard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bremer,

Can we check the below

1. Supportability of IE9, JDK version and Tomcat6 for BOXI3.1 SP5 here http://help.sap.com/boe31sp5

IE9 is supported in only compatibility mode for BOXI3.1 SP5

2. Does your Users login with their AD username/password? Are the credentials are passed to the MSSQLSERVER2008 database?

If it is so, Just have a look at BO SSO configuration as there could be a change in the environment Tomcat, Web browser,etc.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the correct answer. In the universe, the connection was incorrect. The "Connection Pool Mode" was set to "Keep active for". This doesn't work well with Row Level Security. I set it to "Keep active during whole session" and the issue was gone. Everything works fine now.

Thanks for responding!

Answers (0)