cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of events by supplier in Event Manager procurement scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just trying to clarify how a supplier would typically notify actual events, eg PO acknowledgement, PO confirmation, generation of ASN, in a 'procure to pay' scenario? Would this typically be via the WCL?

Thanks for any advice on this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think this depends on your agreement with the supplier.

ASN i would say its automatically generated when updating the delivery and the sending the event per Event Type from the ERP system.

PO Acknowledgement could be the Web UI or also an Event Type by changing the PO.

But in EM you could use the Web UI, IDOCs, Webservices or directly BAPI calls so you are very flexible.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. I guess one would use the Event Type route for supplier monitoring, but if one wanted to actually track an individual PO, then the best route would be the supplier to enter the PO acknowledgment/ASN via the web.

Does that make sense to you?...

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this should be also an option. I just checked our scenario description for the pre delivered Procurement scenario:

For Acknowledgement:

There are several ways for an acknowledgement to be received from the supplier. In this

scenario, we will simulate having received the acknowledgement by fax or e-mail and we will

therefore enter the supplier’s information directly in SAP ECC, accepting the PO and verifying the

quantity and delivery date. If there is a discrepancy in the delivery date or quantity, or both, or if

an acknowledgement is not received by the expected time, an exception message is sent to the

buyer.

Web transactionwould be also an option.

For ASN:

In this step, the ASN receipt is simulated by creating an inbound delivery directly in SAP ECC.

Note that it is also possible to receive the ASN either electronically (via IDoc) or using a standard

Web transaction.

We use the option with the inbound delivery but the other ones are also common according to this.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)