Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalation of work item in Process controlled WF 702

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

I am using SRM 702.

I have implemented process controlled workflow for SC and confirmation.

I Would like to know how can i achieve escalation workflow for either shopping cart or Confirmation.

My requirement is like this:

If Manager A has not taken any action, the workitem has to be escalated to his manager --> Manager B as well as original approver(Manager A)  after 3 days.

If manager B has not taken any action, then it has to be escalated to his manager C as well as Original and Escalated managers (A , B , C ) after 3 days.

Any one of these can take action for this work item.

Any idea how can i achieve this?

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

At SRM we don't have any escalation tool. The Basis WFL do have  and you can try to use it if you use application controlled WFL. Using PC WFL this is not possible.

What we have also is the Deadline Monitoring which works as alerts sent to the concerning involved persons.

Please, check information below:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/a7/d39b7b75754e6f80feed4adb423029/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c5/e4b97e453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/CgaYDw

Cheers,

Melina

PS.: If this information helps you, please assign the concerning SDN points

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

How about this, if

1. I introduce a new custom field in Confirmation at header level, not visible to the end user though.
  2. When it goes for first approval; field has default value
  3. I would run a report program to check for which confirmation workflow item is overdue.
  4. If it is overdue i will set value 1 to this new field

If this is considered as a modification to confirmation then the process controlled workflow should get retriggered ( I can take help of BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART )

If that happens that i can achieve this functionality using badi for agent determination using values in the custom field.

How does this approach sound? Do you think workflow would get restarted due to change to a custom field?

Regards,

Ashish Shah

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have written the logic for Escalation in an implicit Enhancement (Pre exit)of /SAPSRM/CL_WF_EVENT_ADAPTER method TRIGGER_EVENT.

I am planning to write a blog on this , since this is a common requirement for many SRM projects.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

One of the other alternatives is to copy the standard workflow into a custom workflow and model the deadline so that the work item gets automatically forwarded to other person.

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for opening a new thread.

I don't have much experience with SRM 7 but if you are able to make use of an old-style workflow:

I would put the Approve step in a loop and its agents in a container element. When the deadline expires, add the supervisor to the container element and re-create the step.

regards

Rick