cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in storing decimal values upto 12 digits in MDM

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario, where we want to store decimal values upto 12 places after decimal.

We have an option of storing the data in REAL field, but in MDM Real accepts only 6 decimal places.

Also, we tried to make our field as Text and then try to import the values but as soon as we connect to excel source

in the source preview itself we are getting the values e.g. .00000004563 in exponential form, and after import as well we get such values in exp .

Are we missing any configuration here, or do you see any other way of storing these values.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Ranjeet Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Please refer to SAP note 1290747 for solution.

It says this a problem with excel and not Import Manager.Also another solution could be to add to it that by expanding the cells at header level and converting such columns to text will help.However,column should be set as text first and data is to be copied later.

Coming to other formats- As already pointed out,this should not be a problem

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi and Mir.

Based on the SAP Note after changing the format to Text , we were able to import the decimal values.

Cheers,

Ranjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

I have tried updating decimal values with real field but as you said it has restrictions and another major drawback is difficulty in extracting real field values through ABAP API inot R3 system for further updates.

To over come this issue, i created Text field with width=50 and tried importing values inot MDM through *.txt file , which was successful. I think with the help of text field you should be able to load decimal values without any issues with any source file(*.txt,excel,xml). I also checked source preview and i do not see value conversions into exponential form while importing. Please try creating new text field with sort=Case Insensitive and Width equalling requirement(12 in your case).

Good luck!

Regards,

Ali