cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens in the background when a support message is created?

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Regarding solution manager 7.1

I have doubt that when a user is raising the support message through Help menu from the satellite system.

What happens in the background and how it is reaching the solution manager service desk ?

And how the reported by is populated ?

And how the other field's like sold-to-party,Ibase etc are populated. ?

Thanks and Regard's

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

1) This function is working via RFC,

2) Reporter by - is populated from USER's business partner in Solution Manager. This customizing can be done in spro "partner determination"

3) sold-to-party - coming from Ibase e.t. Ibase 3288 - sold-to-party bp# 420

for the ibase you can check  tcode IB52 in your Solution Manager system.

Sold-to-party assingning in the same transaction.

Ask more

Regards Dan

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your quick response. In connecting to the same if the user is not having any BP/user  in the solution manager system .Now which value will be populated in the reported by.

Why i am asking this is , Is their any chance that some other person is choosen in the Reported by field instead of the same user who is raising the ticket ?  IF yes  , in which cases it is possible ?

Do we need to have all the satellite system users and their BP's  to be created in the Solution manager system.

Thank you.

Regard's

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Yes you can do it, go to spro - customer relationship management - basic functions - partner processing - define partner determination procedure

Now choose you support message's transaction type and choose  Partner Functions in Procedure

Choose Reported by - F2 ( details )

Regards Dan

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dan,

Thank you.

In my case a ticket was raised by a user instead of his name in reported by some other user name is populated. Which is wrong in my case , same user name has to be populated in the reported by field.

Why is this happening here ?

Thank you.

Regard's

SAI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Please check spro customizing as i mentioned above.

Secondly go to Ib52 - installed base = 1

choose system from wich you are creating message

then goto - partner .

And also can you check Reported by's Bp that are populating

tcode bp = number

choose identification tab and look at Identification Numbers

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is screenshots,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What happens in the background and how it is reaching the solution manager service desk ?

You need to maintain the RFC destination to solution manager system from satellite system  in the table BCOS_CUST in the satellite system.This will send the message to SOLMAN system

And how the reported by is populated ?

You need to generate the business partner for all users in satellite system who will create messages in the solution manager system. Every user should have a unique BP.

And how the other field's like sold-to-party,Ibase etc are populated. ?

Also you need to generate the the Ibase numbers in solman system:Tcode IB52 .

But its better if you go through the complete service desk setup guide ,which is available in market place or see the rkts for solution manager system

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/rkt-solman

Regards

Amit